Thread: MPVI3 logging fewer channels than laptop

Question MPVI3 logging fewer channels than laptop

This is on a '22 BRP Sea-Doo, OS Patch applied

I want to log throttle position, not accelerator position, which I can see fine when the laptop is connected but if I do stand alone log with just MPVI3 TPS channel is missing.

I read (Vehicle -> MPVI2 Data Logging -> Read Channel Config) the configured channels from MPVI3 and this is what the result shows:

hptchannels.JPG

But when I actually log using MPVI3 these are the channels that show up in the log, "Throttle Angle" is missing:

hptchannels2.JPG

Still waiting for an answer.

https://files.hptuners.com/help/VCMScannerUserGuide.pdf

Not using the feature myself, but you might do well to check out the above guide.
    Standalone logging starts on page 45.

My MPVI3 already has all the channels in its config, it's just not logging Throttle Angle.

Ah, yeah I don't use the feature and have a MPVI2 anyway. It's capable of standalone, but limited from my understanding.
    I suppose I didn't quite grasp what your issue actually was until rereading this now. So, my reply was of little help... Sorry.
    I get it now though, that the config that shows as loaded is not logging all it should.
    Maybe you could try and delete the current channel config from your 3, recreate the channel config you want to use in Scanner and write it back to the 3.
    Not sure if there's a limit to the number of channels that can be logged in standalone, but one would think that you should be able to get more than what you're asking for anyway.
    Refresh rates may very well play into that too. I got no idea of the capabilities or limitations of standalone operation.
    Worst case, maybe try and remove a channel and see if that allows Throttle Angle to log.
    That's about all I can think of. Maybe someone else will come along with a more definitive answer.

Exclamation

So there's absolutely no support after purchase?

I'm saving a channel config in the MPVi3 but its not logging the requested channels. Whats going on?

My current MPVI3 channel config is this:

channels2.JPG

After logging I see these channels:

channels1.JPG

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Not only is not logging the channels I requested but its logging extra channels I did not request. It's as if its totally ignoring the saved config. If I read the channel config from MPVI3 its showing the correct channels but it's not logging what is in the config.
    Last edited by racemonkey; 07-22-2023 at 10:45 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm not sure what you have all tried.
    I'd first sync and update the MPVI3.
    Then I'd delete the channels from the device.
    I'd then disconnect and reload hp tuners and make sure you load the channel config you want, then connect the MPVI3 and resync the channels.
    See if that works, if that doesn't work I'd reduce the number of channels, maybe there is a limitation?
    Also I'd make sure you are using the latest stable version as well.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    So there's absolutely no support after purchase?

I'm saving a channel config in the MPVi3 but its not logging the requested channels. Whats going on?

My current MPVI3 channel config is this:

channels2.JPG

After logging I see these channels:

channels1.JPG

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Not only is not logging the channels I requested but its logging extra channels I did not request. It's as if its totally ignoring the saved config. If I read the channel config from MPVI3 its showing the correct channels but it's not logging what is in the config.
    Have you tried a support ticket. HPT will sometime post on here but they don't seem to consider it a primary support option.

Potential Tuner
    I have same problem... Are there any news about this problem?
    Thanks