Thread: Explorer ST rev limiter

Potential Tuner

Explorer ST rev limiter

Installed new tune and now have permanent crank shaft error. Tried VCM HP procedure but code remains. Installed stock tune and try to clear but can't get revs up to required 4500 minimum. Cuts off at 4000 and procedure times out. Don't know how to raise rev limit, so many things tied to that procedure. 2023 Explorer ST. Whipple intercooler. Wishing I had never altered my new baby. HELP

Senior Tuner
    Post both the stock and 'new' tune.

Potential Tuner
    New to this and don't know what to post other than the tune name which is from 5Star tunes called 91 performance the OEM tune would be for 2023 Explorer ST with performance option. If this is not what you need, and I know it's not, try to explain to this old man what I need too do. I did take it to a local repair shop and they cleared it up in less than 10 minutes. I would like to know that if I change tunes from stock and go back to 91 performance if this problem will come back every time. I have 4 tunes to use but I will not change again if this is a constant issue. 5Star advertised said the tunes would not cause check engine light to come on but it did and now I am afraid to change tunes.