Thread: trying to buy old mpvi1

Tuner

trying to buy old mpvi1

Hi guys, im thinking of buying a old mpvi1. But the guy doesnt know the email its registered to and has no way of unregistering it so that i can register it in my name and use and buy credits for it. is it possible for me to get it registered in my name if he never unregisters it? need some help here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    yes i did. I did get a response, but not an answer to my question. the response was i needed proof of ownership which isnt a problem, but then said id have to send in a data log and then they would tell me what would need to be done. Which is kind of a weird answer. I need to know BEFORE i spend alot of money on this devise if im going to be able to re-register it in my name. I dont want to wait until after i buy it to do all this stuff and then they say, yea sure just mail it in, and then i never see it again and am never able to get it registered.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneandoneauto View Post
    yes i did. I did get a response, but not an answer to my question. the response was i needed proof of ownership which isnt a problem, but then said id have to send in a data log and then they would tell me what would need to be done. Which is kind of a weird answer. I need to know BEFORE i spend alot of money on this devise if im going to be able to re-register it in my name. I dont want to wait until after i buy it to do all this stuff and then they say, yea sure just mail it in, and then i never see it again and am never able to get it registered.
    Whats the ticket number? I'll take a look tomorrow morning. No need to create 3+ posts of the same title in the future. 1 post is more than enough.

Tuner
    Well most of the time no one answers my questions. Take a look at my previous posts. maybe 1 out of every 3 get an answer. Request #114563

Tuner
    You know if you guys had a phone number that people could call and talk to someone we wouldnt need to keep posting the same questions over and over. Theres no way to get answers other than putting in a ticket and hoping for more than a 1 sentence reply, or making your customers help each other. Half the information ive gotten on the forum is wrong. its very difficult to get information for things like this

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    replied. With that said it looks like you never included the serial number of the device in question which is necessary to check for any negative flags(ie stolen device, things like that) which he had requested a few minutes before my reply asking for the same information.

Whats interesting is that all of your emails came through over the weekend and were replied to on the weekend even though we aren't even open on the weekend.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneandoneauto View Post
    Well most of the time no one answers my questions. Take a look at my previous posts. maybe 1 out of every 3 get an answer. Request #114563
    this forum is powered by our user base, nobody gets paid to reply to your posts and making numerous posts in different sections is not good forum etiquette.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ing-experience
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-21-2023 at 08:47 AM.