Thread: help with p2127 e38

Tuner in Training

help with p2127 e38

hello. 2 years ago i did a l96, manual trans, throttle body, and truck pedal out of the same unit swap into a bmw. at first the bmw pedal was being used with good results but in consistent. The pedal was then replaced wit a oem truck pedal which the e38 was from. All the circuit were continuity checked from the pcm to the pedal, load tested, and continuity to ground ( pass) and power ( pass). The pins were drag tested with no issues. The truck pedal worked for me with 2 days of driving. The vehicle was released back to the customer with no issues for aprox 1 week until the unit went into limp and this returned.
    The pid were monitored in the scanner ( hp tuners ) and snap on with app1 and app2 matching almost flawlessly. At this point could the e38 pcm be the possible culprit? I have done several engine swaps with never having a app issue.. i typically always push DBW as well. Either way if anyone has any input that would be great help. I do have another "truck" e38 on the shelf as well.

os.PNG

attached is the OS

Thank you

No, attached is a screenshot but no tune file or log file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    No, attached is a screenshot but no tune file or log file.
    yes for sure
    there is 2 drive log as well as tune.
    Thank you appreciated
    drive home 1.hpltonyDoneAlt.hptdrive home 2.hpl

(eddit: this is a 2009 diagram, don't rely on pin numbers or ckt labels, overview info only)
    screenshot.14-09-2023 19.15.56.png

screenshot.14-09-2023 19.15.37.png

APP2 is fed by the 5V1 circuit - that means a short to ground can probably be ruled out as that would also take down all the other sensors run from 5V1 (unless each pin fed by 5V1 has its own limiting resistor inside the ECM so that one can't take down the others, but the diagram does not show it that way). Intermittent open on either APP2 5V or signal, or APP2 signal intermittent short to ground. Or intermittent internal APP issues. ECM is pretty unlikely.

Tuner in Training
    ok the pedal is from a known good unit but that means nothing in the grand picture.. ill double check the app2 5v ref as well as the app2 signal.
    I appreciate the reply..