Thread: HP Tuners Standalone Logging Doesn't Work with Newer Camaros

HP Tuners Standalone Logging Doesn't Work with Newer Camaros

I just wanted to let folks know that that standalone logging feature that HP Tuners markets as a primary feature for the MPVI2+ or MPVI3 device does not work at all with the 2023 Camaro. You can't even log one channel for more than a second. It's completely non-functional.

Under supported vehicles, the 2023 Camaro 6.2 is listed with no disclaimers about the standalone logging feature. I've tried the standalone logging with both of my 2023 Camaros and neither work. I also tried it on a 2022 Silverado 2500HD Diesel and it didn't work. On my 2017 Camaro, it works perfectly fine. It's possible other vehicles are non-functional as well, but this is what I know for sure.

I originally reported this issue to HP Tuners in May of this year (ticket #102145). They worked with me long enough to confirm it wasn't working, but haven't made any progress since. They haven't made fixing the bug a priority nor have they made any attempt to disclose to future customers that the feature does not work. It's certainly undertstandable to have issues, but they need to do the right thing and not act like vehicles are fully supported when they clearly aren't.

I pulled this screenshot from their website today (9/22/23). They still promote this feature as if it works universally in spite of knowing since May that it doesn't.
    Hp Tuners Ad.jpg

Tuner
    I'm not a fan of the sample rate either. I tried using it in my 2019 Corvette on the track and so little data is captured it's pretty much pointless. Maybe I'm missing a data rate setting somewhere The laptop sample rate is fine.

When I try standalone logging with my 2023 Camaro 3.6, it is currently only capturing SAE pids. I submitted a ticket and have had some back-and-forth with Bill + team.

Although, my car isn't officially supported in the current stable release yet, so I'm just happy they have been able to work with me thus far to add the '23 V6 to the beta version of VCMSuite. It's a different situation than you are in, but another data point I thought worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by CYN_CRVR View Post
    When I try standalone logging with my 2023 Camaro 3.6, it is currently only capturing SAE pids. I submitted a ticket and have had some back-and-forth with Bill + team.

Although, my car isn't officially supported in the current stable release yet, so I'm just happy they have been able to work with me thus far to add the '23 V6 to the beta version of VCMSuite. It's a different situation than you are in, but another data point I thought worth sharing.
    Good to know. Unfortunately, the 6.2 cars won't even log the SAE pids. I've tried logging only the SAE RPM channel. Even that won't work yet there is no indication from their website that there are any issues with the 6.2 standalone logging. It's very dishonest business. They've known since at least May that this doesn't work.