Thread: TA Failed During Drag Racing Event

Tuner

TA Failed During Drag Racing Event

I was at a drag racing event, and the first two runs had "no data" and one reported my 1/4 mile run was (58 seconds?) and one was fine.
    The long E.T. was due to me starting the recording before making the turn into my lane,which added about 20 seconds, but I'm not sure what the cause of (no data) was from.

When you go to organized drag racing, you need about 10-15 seconds to get staged, then you get only 1 or 2 seconds during the staging to start the recording, before the starter guy presses his start button. I think this is why there was "no data:" I pressed the start button after the run started.

Theoretically, you are by your self (I would assume) and you can take all the time you need to get staged on some long open road, then press the start button, then the auto-start function will detect when you start, but you only get a second or two in real life to press Record.
    The one good run I had was because they stopped to sweep the track after some mud fell off the other car's tires, so I had a minute to get staged, then press start, then wait... and wait...

I wonder if there is better way to use the auto-start at an professional drag racing track?
    BTW- I don't think there are any (or many) drag racing tracks in the library- at least not the three tracks in my area. I only found road circuits.
    Unless I just need to update the track library or create some new tracks?

OH- the application kept closing itselfor crashing. I think it was from the bluetooth turned off.

Also, (on Android 13 phone) when I tried to select my Dual 150 GPS receiver, the app did stop, with a message box.
    Last edited by guitarZ; 1 Day Ago at 11:11 PM.