Thread: small issue with base tune. VCT schedule help

Potential Tuner

small issue with base tune. VCT schedule help

hello all! i've been learning how to tune my own 17 GT and i've got it running somewhat well. the issues i have is that the car seems to be switching from fuel economy to drivability at .3 desired load and 2k rpm but based on what i'm seeing i shouldnt switch into drivability until .45-.46 load. my question is this: what else affects going between the different VCT schedule modes? with this car i have a gt350 throttle body, JLT intake and 18+ intake manifold. i have disabled mapped points 1-13 and have reworked the vct tables as required. i'm pretty sure the tables are ok for the most part and the car drives good considering i havent done much besides setting up for these parts. if i really give some throttle it drives well as its stays in 1 mode the whole time. i'm not really looking for a "fix this exact cell" type answer but if anyone could look and give me a ball park area on what to look for i would appreciate it. i'm using evans performance academy for technical learning but they dont really follow the flow that most people follow with these cars from what i've seen. test927.hpllastChangesTake2.hpt

i've attached my tune file and a log file for reference.
    Last edited by Jefferydclark; 09-27-2023 at 04:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Disable the oscillation switch or shuffle switch..
    You have the gt350 data but you also need to use the ETC Idle Throttle Angle from the gt350.
    To fix your main issue you asked bout, you need to clean up your Borderline and MBT tables so they have a better relationship instead of running back and forth with each other. Remember you disabled the spark tables that were used less than .45 load. now your running your higher power, higher load tables.

Advanced Tuner
    In the posted log and tune I see it switching from BFE to FE (FE = BD) at around .3 load. According to the posted tune it should switch at much higher loads. Are you sure those go together?

Senior Tuner
    Another thing is you need more deadband between the Best Drivability and Fuel Economy tables. Shoot for .05.

Senior Tuner
    You need to put your calculated MAP max values back to stock. Then spend more time on your MAF airflow vs period.
    With MAF period polling every half second, and no logged fuel trims, I can only judge how bad it is indirectly from looking at the irregular shape of the curve it has.
    A chart vs time of the MAF period at a high polling speed, should allow you to judge if you will want to keep the intake your MAF sensor is in or may want to modify it or exchange it for something a bit more tuner friendly.