Thread: 2019 Silverado 5.3L

2019 Silverado 5.3L

Just trying to get familiar with these PCMs and I've done some reading about the VE Neural Network Trainer. But on this file, it comes up blank. Is there something special I'm supposed to do to access those tables?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Yes, you have to purchase a 30 day "pass" worth of tokens = another 50. Then you make a file, take that file to hpt. Hpt makes that file into VE tables. Take that and paste into your editor. Modify then save and go back to hpt to screw up the conversion and put back into your calibration Around and around you'll go for the month because of how the tool screws up the conversion then you'll finally start heavily skewing the tables so when it spits it back out to you it's half way close.

Goat Rope actually has a good video on the nn trainer and how to save, modify and plug the file back in.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yes, you have to purchase a 30 day "pass" worth of tokens = another 50. Then you make a file, take that file to hpt. Hpt makes that file into VE tables. Take that and paste into your editor. Modify then save and go back to hpt to screw up the conversion and put back into your calibration Around and around you'll go for the month because of how the tool screws up the conversion then you'll finally start heavily skewing the tables so when it spits it back out to you it's half way close.

Goat Rope actually has a good video on the nn trainer and how to save, modify and plug the file back in.
    While researching I read some of your other posts expressing frustration with the process. How long does it take to get a file converted? are we talking minutes or possibly hours to a day?

Tuning Addict
    Usually seconds. The frustration is when the tool takes your VE tables and then makes the new coefficients. For some reason it always favors the low load row and then it flattens out the whole table going up and down from that point. Your factory tables will have humps, ridges or whatever. The tool WILL NOT allow those type of things to be calculated into the coefficients with your created VE tables which makes no sense to me as it will give you back the factory tables containing these without a problem. There has to be a specific tolerance it looks for or something that it favors causing the problems.

You have to make dang sure you're logging the cam positions correctly too. The one I was working on had 16 total VE tables, but only used 6 of them. I tried editing all of the tables together to keep the tool from flattening things out and finally just wound up skewing the ones I was working with to work around the problem.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC