Thread: Best place to learn tuning gen 4, 5.3 Silverado

Potential Tuner

Best place to learn tuning gen 4, 5.3 Silverado

I am just stepping in to tuning. I have wanted to learn tuning process for awhile now. I am looking for the best place to start the learning process and or guidance. Best place to start is my own vehicle. So let the overwhelming knowledge of my peers begin. My main goal is learning ins and outs and the do's and don'ts. 2011 Silverado 5.3 nsr truck norris cam, vvt delete dod delete, 6L80 transmission. Any places or threads to research and videos to watch. Anyone willing to mentor me. Thanks in advance!

May have to send someone a beer or jerky! 😂

Senior Tuner
    Start simple by disabling VVT and DoD in the tune.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsooter View Post
    I am just stepping in to tuning. I have wanted to learn tuning process for awhile now. I am looking for the best place to start the learning process and or guidance. Best place to start is my own vehicle. So let the overwhelming knowledge of my peers begin. My main goal is learning ins and outs and the do's and don'ts. 2011 Silverado 5.3 nsr truck norris cam, vvt delete dod delete, 6L80 transmission. Any places or threads to research and videos to watch. Anyone willing to mentor me. Thanks in advance!

May have to send someone a beer or jerky! ��
    There are a few legit tuners on Youtube. Look for Matt Sanford on there. He's a wealth of knowledge on these trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsooter View Post

May have to send someone a beer or jerky! 
    My complete 6L80 guide: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...XTsPFPSHgabEcX

I also have lots of more mid to advanced stuff in my channel as well (see also my sig line).
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    There are a few legit tuners on Youtube. Look for Matt Sanford on there. He's a wealth of knowledge on these trucks.
    I second this, Matt knows his stuff. i also followed goat rope garage for some tips and tricks to.

One thing is always save as when you make a change that way you can go back to the previous tune.
    another is only make one change at a time and see how the vehicle responds. Cringer has a good series on the 6 speed transmission as well.