Thread: Help with 6.o Tune in 1500 Silverado

Potential Tuner

Help with 6.o Tune in 1500 Silverado

Hello all, I am hoping someone can read my tune and log and give me some ideas on performance and fuel mileage. The engine is a rebuilt 6.0 bored .20, with a Comp Cam part #32227133. Intake 222 Exhaust 227 lobe separation 113. Deleted cats. Everything else is stock. Truck is a crew cab Z71, it's not a race truck obviously, but I was wanting something better than stock on performance. The tune is an email order from a tune shop, I personally know very little about tuning. Questions to those smarter than me, does anything in this tune stand out as incorrect or needing some additional tweaking. I've never been impressed with the build from day one, and wonder if it's just a minor change needed. Also my fuel mileage has dropped from 16ish to 12 recently, it's never been that bad and I hope I can get it fixed. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Check for vacuum leaks and check your fuel pressure. I know it's a cammed engine but your fuel trims are maxing out lean most of the time so that's a pretty big issue. Seeing +25% is pretty bad will be a cause for the fuel mileage drop.

I will also say this, you don't have big enough injectors for this engine either. You need larger injectors once you get into full throttle tuning and you'll need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning.

If you have zero vacuum leaks, zero exhaust leaks around the front o2 sensors and your fuel pressure is good, then this thing needs a ton of work to the airflow model to get it corrected. The MAF curve and the VE table need a ton of work.

Also you have a knock sensor code you need to fix, that is always going to pull timing on you if that code is present.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Knock sensor code will cause it to pull all of the timing out when going into PE. Will make it feel like a slug. Doesn't look like VE was dialed in anywhere other than "maybe" idle area, so do as suggested above and figure out those two items and she'll be a new truck.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Checked for vacuum leak, I couldn't find one, but I found a small exhaust leak and cleared the knock sensor code. It is running better, but I think the tune could still be better. I'll move on to the wide band next. Thx

Potential Tuner
    This is the post repair log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Also, what injectors do you recommend?

Tuner in Training
    i have had great luck with deatschwerks !

Senior Tuner
    If you don't want to pay out the ass there's higher flow GM options. Open the attached at post #39:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata+repository

Advanced Tuner
    i put 60lb detschwerks in my truck they are nice injector duty way down from stock lol 35U-01-0060-8 is the item number