Thread: Spark torque management limiting spark?(s197) mustang

Potential Tuner

torque management limiting commanded spark?(s197) mustang

Hello everyone ive been tuning my 2006 mustang 4.0 v6 with hp tuners for a little while now and wanted to have some fun with this motor before i do the 3v swap in the spring? was trying to get some big pops and bangs but i cannot get timing to go bellow -10, tried zeroing out the whole spark torque ratio table to get rid of spark torque management but had no changes?
    Have -15 on decel load/range in the mbt spark table, tip-out spark, borderline spark, zeroed adder tables on low load and still only goes to -10 pops just sound very baffled
    (No cats only a vibrant resonator)
    I?ve been stuck at this for a while now, it also seems that i also cannot log spark source
    Any help is appreciated thanks 🙏🏻
    Last edited by Joshfmullins; 11-29-2023 at 06:11 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Turn off DFCO, reduce spark decel. The more you reduce the spark decel the more agressive it will be. Good way to piss off the neighbors, and the cops... in a bad way.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    Turn off DFCO, reduce spark decel. The more you reduce the spark decel the more agressive it will be. Good way to piss off the neighbors, and the cops... in a bad way.
    Thanks for the reply i have the spark on decel set to -15 on the table but it is only going down to -10 as if there is a limit

Does ford not have a minimum spark table?