Thread: Tuning at dragstrip in Roxboro Saturday-Need Help Please

Tuner in Training

Tuning at dragstrip in Roxboro Saturday-Need Help Please

Tuning friends car tomorrow, 3/10, OLSD w/WB and was wondering if anyone can look at my current tune to see if anything that might be missing.I know I have not set any map values for the cam but I did get my commanded vs actual pretty close..

The log is on the dyno (2 pulls).

99 Camaro TH350 w/brake
    Bolt Ons
    T-Rex Cam
    LS6 Intake
    150 shot nitrous

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 86LT1MCSS; 03-09-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Timing curve looks a little funky, PE seems really low. Is the n2o a wet shot?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is.

I would try to smooth the spark table somewhat, although it may not effect it much at all at the track.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    There is not a smooth table in the tune I dont think.I need to learn the smoothing features.
    Ya I want to compare a dyno vs strip log to see whats happening.
    What I am looking for is just some things that are needed to be done with a cam swap like map stuff,timing curves,etc.

What's up with the bank 2 O2?? It's reading near stoich? What was the A/F like on the dyno?

There 2 dips in the spark in the log at WOT. One of them at tq. peak is the norm, the other one should rise up to meet the line. That LOOKS (may not be) a little aggressive for a nitrous spark table, how big is the shot?

Is the low cylinder fill on the spark map something that goes hand-in-hand with SD? Your WOT was seeing spark from 0.40-0.44; that's lower than stock. I would expect to see it in or near the 70s.

If the AFR was good but the dyno numbers disappointed, just wait and watch it run like hell at the track. Th350 dyno numbers look BAD next to 6-speed numbers but the ET and MPH will show you the truth
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

He may have the WB on that side where it is a "dead" reading I am thinking

His cyl air in the histogram is being averaged between the Maf airflow (0 g/sec) and the dynamic cyl air. The Maf airflow pid needs to be deleted from the table display, then the histogram will work. The dynamic cyl air is .86-.87 g/sec, that is some good airflow!

The wideband is installed in place of B2S1. The commanded AFR is very lean, and the VE table needs some work.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Yes I have the WB in B2.
    On nitrous the AF starts at 13 and goes to 12 at the end of the pull.On motor it is around 13.3.
    The car made 378 SAE rwhp on motor and 536 on nitrous.Seems pretty good.

I noticed I posted a log from a motor pull.Here is one on nitrous.
    Last edited by 86LT1MCSS; 03-10-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Got to the track and got a log on motor with some burst KR that I was wondering what I need to look at to try to tune it out.
    Is burst KR something to do with dynamic air?

Also here is the config I made for my OLSD tuning w/WB.Check it out and see what I might need to add.

Thanks