Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2003 Silverado VE Tuning Problems

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    1 bar OS since you have a 1 bar MAP sensor. If you want 2 bar from 1 bar you'll have to write entire your current tune then go to 2 bar. Save your tune somewhere safe.

Pull the throttle body and do a thorough cleaning. Remove the IAC and clean the passages.

It's also possible that you have a vacuum leak. STIT is bringing BRAF much lower than I'd expect.

When you decide to put on the TBSS intake be sure to change out the knock sensors and harness while you're at it. Don't forget to RTV the gasket plugs, buy new steam tube gaskets, and get new intake manifold gaskets.

Ok cool I will swap over to the 1 bar OS. I thought I had to write entire to do that no matter what? I will pull that apart this weekend and clean it all really well. I was wondering if it had a vacuum leak too so I will investigate that as well.

I did a log on the way home and the idle definitely drops down faster. At the end of the log I was backing in my driveway and pressed the clutch in and the truck died. It looks like the WB was either not reading or reading super rich.

Again, thanks for all the help man.

2003 Silverado 5.3 vE log 13.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Yes you have to write entire when changing OS. The point is to go from 1 bar to 2 bar it's 1bar>original>2bar. Can't go 1bar>2bar.

Senior Tuner
    It looks like there is a fueling problem causing all this. It holds idle fine in a few spots, but in others it stalls. That's inconsistent. Rich AFR is stalling it out. Look at the wideband and O2 voltage (not trims).

I've adjusted O2 crossover and idle CL settings. Hardware-wise I'd look into leaking evap purge. This could also be a source of vacuum leak through the tank. Another thing could be something with the regulator such as sticking or the vacuum line.

In the beginning of the log MAP reads 91-92kPa during your pull. Engine stalled reads 97kPa. Intake restriction of some sort. Decent 15-20hp power gains to be had here, and it should be an easy fix .

I've adjusted a few other things as well. Tune is not SD OS yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 05:29 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It looks like there is a fueling problem causing all this. It holds idle fine in a few spots, but in others it stalls. That's inconsistent. Rich AFR is stalling it out. Look at the wideband and O2 voltage (not trims).

I've adjusted O2 crossover and idle CL settings. Hardware-wise I'd look into leaking evap purge. This could also be a source of vacuum leak through the tank. Another thing could be something with the regulator such as sticking or the vacuum line.

In the beginning of the log MAP reads 91-92kPa during your pull. Engine stalled reads 97kPa. Intake restriction of some sort. Decent 15-20hp power gains to be had here, and it should be an easy fix .

I've adjusted a few other things as well. Tune is not SD OS yet.
    Alright Im ordering the rest of the stuff this weekend to put that intake on haha I was thinking when I first got it that the FPR was giving me issues.

I just loaded the new tune and logged on the way to work. It feels the strongest its been and every thing seems good but the idle hangs a lot when its cold. I think you can see in the beginning of the log where it was hanging and towards the end when it dropped down right away. For some reason it seems like it pulled way harder than it has been.

2003 Silverado 5.3 VE log 14.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Haven't seen cold start yet. Probably needs BRAF lowered at those temps.

Well then why don't we call it there until after you've installed parts? What all do you plan to change?

Tuner in Training
    Haven't seen cold start yet. Probably needs BRAF lowered at those temps.

Well then why don't we call it there until after you've installed parts? What all do you plan to change?
    Sounds good. I was going to say the same thing.

I'm going to put the tbss intake on. It's brand new and came with stock injectors and I have an edelbrock 90mm TB for it. I'm going to change the intake tube also because it's all the stock stuff. That's about it for right now other than the obvious stuff that goes with the tbss swap.

If I got rid of the MAF on the intake tube should I wire in a IAT sensor in the tube?

Senior Tuner
    Yep gotta wire in an IAT and update the IAT sensor cal in the tune. Same for the injectors if you're using the ones from the TBSS. Don't forget knock sensors and stuff while you're in there. Plan on changing the reg or evap purge?

Here's a good setup for the new TB.
    https://www.pcmofnc.com/2021/03/05/i...throttle-body/

Tuner in Training
    Yep gotta wire in an IAT and update the IAT sensor cal in the tune. Same for the injectors if you're using the ones from the TBSS. Don't forget knock sensors and stuff while you're in there. Plan on changing the reg or evap purge?

Here's a good setup for the new TB.
    https://www.pcmofnc.com/2021/03/05/i...throttle-body/
    OK cool. Yep I usually get some gm knock sensors. I think I'm going to run an aeromotive regulator since we have had good luck with them at work. I want to get rid of the purge valve to clean it up a little bit and to not have to deal with it.

Senior Tuner
    Right on. That should take care of it.