Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User defined PID & default calculations

User defined PID & default calculations

Still trying to wrap my brain around some of the HPT features. is there anyway to view the histogram calculations?

specifically here is my situation. I created a "user defined" PID for my LC-1 WB, my question is.....is the default VE-AFR% error histogram utilizing my custom PID?

the histogram is working, and the VE-AFR % error is working, I just am looking for some reassurance that the default formulas are utlizing my custom PID as I have no idea how to visually check the formula's????

Thanks,
    2004 GTO M6, 403, Callies, compstar, wiseco, QTP HV oil pump, QTP 2 piece timing cover, EDC custom AFR 235's, LS6 intake, P1SC-1 Procharger maxed @ 13psi, 224/232 600/600 114 EDC custom cam, JBA shortie headers (thanks California) custom boost referenced return style fuel system with surge tank, walbro 255, staged magnafuel 4303, Dual LC-1, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gages, Nexus fP and boost gages.

when you make a custom PID for EIO stuff..you have the option to choose a sensor..
    as long as you specify that sensor as AFR it will be used in the VE-AFR% histogram
    you will also need to log commanded AFR for it to report AFR Error%

picture below shows EIO custom PID and the sensor and units box filled in with AFR
    -Scott -

Thanks Scott,

Surprisingly I did this correctly.....I assumed as it was working everything was OK, just wanted to verify.
    2004 GTO M6, 403, Callies, compstar, wiseco, QTP HV oil pump, QTP 2 piece timing cover, EDC custom AFR 235's, LS6 intake, P1SC-1 Procharger maxed @ 13psi, 224/232 600/600 114 EDC custom cam, JBA shortie headers (thanks California) custom boost referenced return style fuel system with surge tank, walbro 255, staged magnafuel 4303, Dual LC-1, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gages, Nexus fP and boost gages.

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    when you make a custom PID for EIO stuff..you have the option to choose a sensor..
    as long as you specify that sensor as AFR it will be used in the VE-AFR% histogram
    you will also need to log commanded AFR for it to report AFR Error%

picture below shows EIO custom PID and the sensor and units box filled in with AFR
    How about with non-EIO stuff. I have created my own PIDs for AFR and AFR % Error for my AEM ported through my AC pressure sensor and created the custom VE and MAF histograms to plot those against the VE and MAF tables but it would be easier/cleaner if I could use the defaults. The AFR PID's sensor is defined as 'Air Fuel Ratio'.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 03-16-2007 at 04:57 PM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

s long as you define it as AFR is should work fine with no extra quirks
    -Scott -

It doesn't seem to work. I added "air fuel ratio error" to the table and did a log. As soon as I connect it flips to "unsupported parameter". Thats the price I pay for cheaping out and not getting EIO I guess. Can't really show anyone my logs because they need the custom PIDS and histograms to view them and the custom PIDs are not stored in the cfg.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    It doesn't seem to work. I added "air fuel ratio error" to the table and did a log. As soon as I connect it flips to "unsupported parameter". Thats the price I pay for cheaping out and not getting EIO I guess. Can't really show anyone my logs because they need the custom PIDS and histograms to view them and the custom PIDs are not stored in the cfg.
    post your scanner.cfg file...

I'll see whats missing or incorrect and making it not play nice
    -Scott -

Here it is. It would be nice to be able to use the built in AFR Error. Hopefully I am just overlooking something. I add the AFR Error PID to the table but as soon as the scan starts it changes to unsupported parameter.
    Bill Winters

Here it is. It would be nice to be able to use the built in AFR Error. Hopefully I am just overlooking something. I add the AFR Error PID to the table but as soon as the scan starts it changes to unsupported parameter.
    I'm looking for the actual "scanner.cfg" file
    -Scott -

This one?
    Bill Winters

This one?
    yes..that one..
    give me some time to figure it all out for you
    -Scott -

got a log file I can play with too??
    -Scott -

and from what I see...it looks like you need to add your AFR PID to teh table as well....
    you can figure the PID to show AFR but you cant figure AFR error unless you have added the AFR PID to the table...

meaning you have your PID.7101 in the table but you dont have your [sens.120] in the table

and if you dont have sens.120 in the table then you cant calculate AFR error(even though you are calculating AFR...but teh calculation doesnt carry back to the table unless you add the actual custom PID to your table)

make sense???

if not..
    just add the "AEM WB via AC" tou your table and your AFR ERROR should work after that..
    take out something else if you wish to stay below 24 pid bits total

which means in your case you will always need
    AC Pressure (volts?)
    AEM WB via AC
    and then whatever you need to make your histograms work as well..RPM, MAP,MAF....
    AFR Error doesnt have to be in the table to use it cause it calculated...but AFR has to be in the table to calculate AFR Error
    -Scott -

Yea, that makes sense. I'm sure that's it. I've added the AEM WB via AC PID to the table and will take a new log tomorrow. I have a log but it was taken before adding the AEM WB via AC PID.

Thanks Scott!
    Bill Winters

Well, I was sure I had it licked by adding the AEM WB PID but that didn't work Then I even added the built in AFR Error PID and that didn't work either. Attached are my scanner.cfg file, short log and my custom cfg file. Again, as soon as I start scanning the AFR Error PID turns to "unsupported parameter" in the table. When I change back to my custom PID for AFR error it works.

Thanks for the help.
    Bill Winters

Did you close and re-open the scanner?
    If not it won't recognize the custom PID.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Yea, I did that.
    Bill Winters

wierd.. Can you post up your config & the custom PIDs?

Thanks
    Always Support Our Troops!

Here is a log from this afternoon's VE tuning session along with the config I used and the tune it was running.
    Bill Winters

Something else I'm unable to do is use user defined PIDs in my function string. USER.9010 is my AEM WB via AC pressure PID <[PID.7101]/.5+9.8>. For my AFR Error I still have to do:

(([PID.7101]/.5+9.8)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]*100

instead of:

([USER.9010]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]*100 <---this exhibits the same thing as the built in AFR Error PID, upon logging it says there are unsupported parameters even though I am logging AC pressure voltage, built in AFR Error and even my user defined AFR PID.

I guess if I am able to get the built in AFR Error PID to work then this is moot but as of right now neither does.
    Bill Winters