Thread: segment swap issue , need help

Advanced Tuner

segment swap issue , need help

Hi all , did a 4l60 to a manual in a 2001 s10 , the only problem ihave is when I ty and write in gears and tires it switches to transaxle , i can get it right on the screen but when i burn it and read it back it reverts to transaxle here is before and a read back
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by usc45cal; 11-30-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I believe if you do a segment swap, you have to write entire the first time, not write calibration only. After that, you should be able to return to normal write calibration only mode.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I believe if you do a segment swap, you have to write entire the first time, not write calibration only. After that, you should be able to return to normal write calibration only mode.
    Segment swaps do not require a write entire. The segments are part of the calibration.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Segment swaps do not require a write entire. The segments are part of the calibration.
    Did anyone look at the file and try to burn it and read it back and see what it looked like

Senior Tuner
    You may need to do the swap on a non-modified OS first and then apply the OS modification. I don't know if that would have any effect on the segment swap, but I would try it on a "stock" OS first.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I have just been stripped of my 2.25 updates i am assuming because of this problem, 8 years with efi live and no issues and great support

You shouldn't assume.

Beta access is time limited. Just e-mail support and bill will give you a new expiration date that's in the future.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    well , that may not work since we are having issues , email contact is not the best and gets jumbled , I would like to fix this problem if it is a problem and im sure not one person did what i asked , it takes six minutes , and after an email with bill my 2.25 was gone ???????? I am still a customer and i dont feel like it Keith . I have alot to say and im not mad but this would need to be private as i have had my threads locked before

For an issue like this, e-mail is really the way to go.

I can't tell from this thread where your before and after hpt files are, etc.. Bill is really good about getting the information the engineers need to solve the problems.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the beta links get posted through the first of the month ie expires 11/1, then 12/1, and so on, the expiration dates have nothing to do with this thread.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    For an issue like this, e-mail is really the way to go.

I can't tell from this thread where your before and after hpt files are, etc.. Bill is really good about getting the information the engineers need to solve the problems.
    I assumed that because the section he's posting screenshots of is the calculator portion its not a switch in the pcm so its not something that would be read out leading me to believe this ISN"T an issue with the segment swapper or the software itself and simply a function of the calculator form itself. Though I could be wrong...

kind of like the automatic transmission scale radio button likely isn't something in the code...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by usc45cal View Post
    well , that may not work since we are having issues , email contact is not the best and gets jumbled , I would like to fix this problem if it is a problem and im sure not one person did what i asked , it takes six minutes , and after an email with bill my 2.25 was gone ???????? I am still a customer and i dont feel like it Keith . I have alot to say and im not mad but this would need to be private as i have had my threads locked before
    Dude, it expires every month. I have to request access to it again every month if I want to keep seeing updates...when we had beta 2.23 in the past we had access for much less time until it got to the end of that beta before the release of 2.24 when they started giving us a month each time...either way it's automated, when you request access, they turn it on, and then a server turns it off a month later.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat