Thread: need help, i dont know where to start.

Potential Tuner

need help, i dont know where to start.

I work 7 days a week and dont have enough time to learn fast enough. I should probably enroll in a tuning school but run out of time everyday and have so much to do. anyways I just put in my fully rebuilt LQ9 into my 03 yukon denali but running an 04 escalade esv p59 pcm. Truck norris cam, behive springs, Tbss intake, Ls3 TB w/xlink, flex fuel denso injectors (36LB?),return style fuel system with stock lq9 rails and regulator, headers, stock 317 heads with light intake porting and port matched and polished exhaust. 2200 stall converter, 4l65e stage one. started up with stock tune enough for initial break in but was running hot, lean im assuming. this was my daily driver up until last sunday, and i need to get it back to being my daily. i am an auto technician by trade but new to tuning fuel injection. i can eventually figure it out but hopefully i can get some short cuts on GP from a yoda willing to help. I been trying tp google and watch videos but i just dont have the time to weed out what not to do. i barely got it home after making a few adjustments but i know its not right and probably way off. i would greatly appreciate the guidance, im just a young jedi consistently trying to further my skills and experience. but the bills dont stop even for the jedi, my passion is performance but i got to get this tuning under my belt to get the performance to pay da bills. thank you denali860 1.2.hpt5 after 1.2.hpl. idont know if i attached those correctly

Here's the correct injector data, assuming "flex fuel denso injectors" means L59 (12580426), and that "lq9 rails and regulator" means it's referenced & 58 PSI base pressure.

denali860 1.2 - L59 injectors referenced-return 58psi.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Here's the correct injector data, assuming "flex fuel denso injectors" means L59 (12580426), and that "lq9 rails and regulator" means it's referenced & 58 PSI base pressure.

denali860 1.2 - L59 injectors referenced-return 58psi.hpt
    denso #25326903, fuel rail and regulator 2003 escalade . sorry. thank you sir.

That's not a current valid GM part number, though some sites list them as crossing to 12580426/88894361. Where did they come from?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mestizojp View Post
    I work 7 days a week and dont have enough time to learn fast enough.
    HOnestly, have it dyno tuned by a reputable shop.

If youre still learning, ou cans ee what they did, and learn as you go.
    But, right up front with a new build, pay the man to get it up and running.
    It takes quite a bit of time to wrap your head around tuning...a few months to get comfortable just having an idea of what does what.

Potential Tuner
    if i had the money i would have no problem paying someone. the other problem is there isnt a awd dyno in alaska

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    That's not a current valid GM part number, though some sites list them as crossing to 12580426/88894361. Where did they come from?
    they came on 04 to 07 tahoe and yukon flex fuel vehicles. i saw on a forum you can use that cross over rail and injectors with the tbss intake with very minimal modifications, in order to keep the return fuel system

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/search...h_str=25326903
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...rtnum=25326903

The results with Google mostly lead to, let's just say, unsavory sources.

I do know what a L59 flex fuel injector is, though. If they are legit and not something from Amazon by way of Aliexpress and that number really does interchange with 12580426/88894361 then the file I posted above is correct for those injectors with a referenced regulator with the standard pre-2004 non-L59 fuel rail/regulator which runs at 58psi. (the pre-2004 L59 regulator was 51psi, every other non-L59 truck engine was 58psi).

The file I posted has data taken from a 2006 L59, which is 58psi but returnless, and then data was set up as it would be with a referenced regulator ('flat').

Potential Tuner
    so i loaded the injector data and it wont start and backfires

Potential Tuner
    i went back to my original file i posted, seems to run ok but wont stay idling in gear.

If the injectors are what the number on them claims, and you have a return/referenced fuel system, and it's at 58psi base, and it won't run with legit data... do you think the problem lies in the data, or maybe in something else?

Potential Tuner
    the regulator cam off an 03 lq9 the injectors are those part number i gave you. i probably have something else off or out of wack, idk but im getting frustrated. i have to drive this vehicle 100 miles round trip on friday or pay to have it towed. which is not an option. i shouldnt have done this to my daily. this is where i am at currently. im trying to go for a drive because i havent been able to finish breaking this thing in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

LTFT's are up against the guard rail (adding fuel) most of the time and the O2's are reporting often times it's rich, does this look like an O2 sensor issue also?