Thread: Accessing my 2019 Mustang GT that?s already tuned?

Potential Tuner

Accessing my 2019 Mustang GT that?s already tuned?

My car is a Whipple Gen 5 10R80 on E85 and I think the tune is locked? I have an N-Guage, but I?d like to play with my MPVI3 on my car. If I buy the MPVI3 credits, will I be able to access and edit what?s on the car now? Or will I have to try to find the original flash and modify that?

Advanced Tuner
    If the tuner locked the tune then no you'll need your stock tune... Start with a stock tune. You can always reference other tunes but always start with your stock tune. Your tuner should have it or should have sent it to you when you originally got your tune. If you have the ngauge you should have the stock tune on there. You can try to "read" the file but I doubt it will work. Flash stock file, read, then do whatever editing you want.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks! I literally just tried to read it on my MPVI3 and it sees the car year, make and model. However, VCM Editor asks what it's connecting to from a dropdown menu list with hundreds of choices and no selectable action (like read all). So, I guess at some point I'll need to flash it back to the stock Ford tune and make add-on templates based on specific changes to the base OEM tune. Then I'd apply the template parameters to the original tune and "save as..." a modified base tune. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Unfortunately, this car would probably take too much time to learn? I would just like to not be blocked from getting in there. Like when i crashed it and had to have it towed home from the autobody and complete the work myself because the autobody couldn't get in it and figure out airbag and crash issues / data. And then they made me sign liability waivers because they unlawfully released it to me without properly working airbags... At least I have some direction now - thank you!

What if i used an alternate brand tuning solution (SCT, Holley, etc.?) to read what's on the PCM now? It would still block it or is this only an HPT TDN feature / problem? Whenever the car ends up at a shop, it becomes problematic. I had some issues connecting with Forscan and Ford IDS in the past myself. I should keep playing with it in IDS I guess? I've had only bad experiences with shops. They hit a roadblock and want 1,000s of $. oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by ajudge55 View Post
    Thanks! I literally just tried to read it on my MPVI3 and it sees the car year, make and model. However, VCM Editor asks what it's connecting to from a dropdown menu list with hundreds of choices and no selectable action (like read all). So, I guess at some point I'll need to flash it back to the stock Ford tune and make add-on templates based on specific changes to the base OEM tune. Then I'd apply the template parameters to the original tune and "save as..." a modified base tune. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Unfortunately, this car would probably take too much time to learn? I would just like to not be blocked from getting in there. Like when i crashed it and had to have it towed home from the autobody and complete the work myself because the autobody couldn't get in it and figure out airbag and crash issues / data. And then they made me sign liability waivers because they unlawfully released it to me without properly working airbags... At least I have some direction now - thank you!

What if i used an alternate brand tuning solution (SCT, Holley, etc.?) to read what's on the PCM now? It would still block it or is this only an HPT TDN feature / problem? Whenever the car ends up at a shop, it becomes problematic. I had some issues connecting with Forscan and Ford IDS in the past myself. I should keep playing with it in IDS I guess? I've had only bad experiences with shops. They hit a roadblock and want 1,000s of $. oh well...
    The OSID has been edited to prevent it from opening in our software. The solution would be to have the tuner send you the file (if they will) with the original OSID in place.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ajudge55 View Post

Read with TC-298 and post it here.