Thread: Getting user defined PID's to appear on Table display and Guage

Advanced Tuner

Getting user defined PID's to appear on Table display and Guage

I went in to the user defined area and input Scott's MPG PID info. However, I can't get it in to the table display and can't guage it. How do I link all that together? TIA

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Super73
    I went in to the user defined area and input Scott's MPG PID info. However, I can't get it in to the table display and can't guage it. How do I link all that together? TIA

Shaun
    post your "VCM scanner.cfg" file and your (your named file).cfg that you are using

I can get it working

and its basically right clicking...selecting insert..then selecting the PID to get it in the table
    to put it in a histogram you just need to use the configure histogram button and add where necessary...again by clicking appropriate areas..
    in the gauges you need to select the gauge..right click ..select properties and add the custom PID and select the other various options that it asks for
    Last edited by S2H; 03-23-2007 at 10:27 PM.
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Actually Scott, you answered my question in your custom PID thread. For somereason to get the scanner to take the info and be able to use it, I need to restart the scanner (Close re-open).. Looks like your going to be bringing that issue up.. Thanks a ton for your work and help!!

Shaun

Advanced Tuner
    Ok.. I got the PID to load on the chart, and I got it configured as a guage however, I can't get it to log anything as it shows up as an unsupported parameter. Now I need to figure that out.

post files.....somebody will be able to help...

usually if its unsupported then it menas you are missing something...
    have to be scanning all of the parameters in the custom PID for it to work
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    http://73-ls1.com/New1.cfg

It isn't reconizing Injector Flow rate. I can't find it in the supported parameters for the 07 TBSS..

http://73-ls1.com/New1.cfg

It isn't reconizing Injector Flow rate. I can't find it in the supported parameters for the 07 TBSS..
    I'm having the same problem as you with this MPG PID, I don't have a IFR PID either,
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The mpg PID was designed for LS1's, not V6's or LS2's
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Why would IFR not be supported for LS2's? What would I need to write a IFR PID? I'm thinking I would need to know at least:

Fuel Pressure
    Fuel injector size
    Injector duty cycle

Those in some formula would probably give me IFR based on LB's a minute. Then I should be able to convert LB's a minute to gallons if I am correct. Scott brought up a point previously about Fuel changing weight based on ambient temp. Would I be able to utilize the "Abient air temp" PID to help knock down the equation to a more accurate gallons used? Ambient air temp is under: Engine>Airflow>Ambient Air Temp

I know I'm missing something..

Then, where do I start with the equation

Shaun

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you can put in a feature request for it, but Its possible its not even a scannable PID.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Why would IFR not be supported for LS2's? What would I need to write a IFR PID? I'm thinking I would need to know at least:

Fuel Pressure
    Fuel injector size
    Injector duty cycle

Those in some formula would probably give me IFR based on LB's a minute. Then I should be able to convert LB's a minute to gallons if I am correct. Scott brought up a point previously about Fuel changing weight based on ambient temp. Would I be able to utilize the "Abient air temp" PID to help knock down the equation to a more accurate gallons used? Ambient air temp is under: Engine>Airflow>Ambient Air Temp

I know I'm missing something..

Then, where do I start with the equation

Shaun
    if you build a custom PID for IFR then just substiture it where IFR is in the equation...but I wouldnt mess with the rest....the equation is proven accurate..and your air tem going into engine is different than your ambient temps..so you dont want the ambient temp PID in there
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    I have moved to the custom PID thread just to keep things like equations ect there. I think that might help others if it was there. Then perhaps those equations for the PID's can be moved to the top of that thread for easy viewing for all..