Thread: Power Enrichment Issue On 2.0 Ecoboost Swap

Potential Tuner

Power Enrichment Issue On 2.0 Ecoboost Swap

I have been working on an Ecoboost 2.0 Swap project for a while now. I have finally gotten around to tuning the car as I have just installed a larger turbo and upgraded HPFP and injectors.

The issue that I am having is the car will sometimes not go into power demand enrichment and run lean for an entire pull. This doesn't happen all the time though. Some times it immediately goes into power demand enrichment and stays there. I will attach some logs and the tune file. I appreciate any help.
    V19 93 Oct.hpt
    3rd Gear WOT 6500 Rev 19.hpl
    3rd Gear WOT No PD Rev 19.hpl
    Last edited by EcoFox88; 05-28-2024 at 12:30 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    There are settable power enrich delays that will do that, I'm on my phone though and couldn't tell you the exact name/number of the parameters.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    There are settable power enrich delays that will do that, I'm on my phone though and couldn't tell you the exact name/number of the parameters.
    The enrichment delay table has been zeroed out. This was originally an issue, as the car does not have a vehicle speed sensor, and that table was relying on vehicle speed.

Advanced Tuner
    Try zeroing 44815, set vehicle speed limit to 0.0 in 44775, set the same entry in 33458 to 1.0, and maybe put 44373/44374 back to stock?
    I'm pretty sure it's just due to the lack of speedo message, since the active torque limit is vehicle speed, but I don't really seen anything else that would work around that.

Potential Tuner
    Do you know what the stock values for 44373 and 44374 should be? These values have not been changed. But this is an "aftermarket" ECM. It is a stock Ford ECM with PATS deleted, I am not sure what else they changed on the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Both 200, or 1023. That's what the stock 2.0 eco files I have on hand show (Fusion and Focus ST)

Potential Tuner
    Changed the settings that you recommended. It seemed to help a lot with the power demand enrichment. Now I need to fight with the throttle closure due to what looks like air load and torque targets.

3rd gear pull 6500 Rev 4 E85.hpl

Try lowering the 100 column in your DD tables back down to a real number and checking the torque management tables for way values way over the actual limit. I had this issue on a gen 2 coyote and the problem was with me increasing DD numbers too high.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, Ecoboost will do the same, the alternative is to set WOT start/end so that it will just try to run "max torque" and ignore DD tables... I'm just not exactly sure how to measure APP A/D counts and the position percent doesn't seem to track between them either.

I definitely need to spend some time tweaking the WOT start/end. Honestly haven't touched it in anything I've tuned. I'd be curious to learn more benefits of messing with it. From a fueling standpoint I've always just messed with PE settings to get what I want so I haven't found any reason to tweak it yet. Please advise... lol