Thread: 15 Silverado 5.3 to 6.2 Swap Questions

Potential Tuner

15 Silverado 5.3 to 6.2 Swap Questions

This is my first time, I'm here to listen and learn.

I just finished dropping a 6.2 in a buddy's 2015 Silverado, which was previously a 5.3. It has a cam and DOD Delete but is all stock otherwise. I'm not sure it matters but the 6.2 might be from a 19 or newer.

My hope has been that I'll be able to find a file ready to go for this setup but I don't know where to start. Should I find something in the repository and try it? What do you guys recommend for a first step

There won't be a file, so toss that out the window.

Best thing to do would be find a stock 6.2 file from a 2015 silverado and copy over the complete engine side data from it. That gives you a starting base of a 6.2. From there delete the DoD and all the codes for it. If it's a non VVT camshaft, turn all that off too.

Then you'll have to tune it from there.

Also if that engine really was from 2016-2017+, the high pressure fuel pump is different than the previous years. The plug in is not the same, so you'd need to make sure that you kept the 5.3 pump or used the correct pump for your harness.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.