Thread: LM-1 and Getting 5 Volts

LM-1 and Getting 5 Volts

Where are C5 guys getting five volts from?? I understand that taking it from the AC wire the AC will not work while scanning, is this true?? Is there a better place to get 5 volt for WB??

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Re: LM-1 and Getting 5 Volts

No the ac wire is the best place to get it from. easiest also

will AC still work?? or do u have to remove wire???

Tuner

I am confused. I have the LM-1 but what are you talking about when you say AC wire and 5 volts. I have a corvette but I didn't tap into any 5 volt AC wire. Just wondering if I missed something. Thanks,

Jim K.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette
    I am confused. I have the LM-1 but what are you talking about when you say AC wire and 5 volts. I have a corvette but I didn't tap into any 5 volt AC wire. Just wondering if I missed something. Thanks,

Jim K.
    I have 99 and I was under the impressiom I had to hookup a 5 volt input wire for me to use WB with HP scanner is this not ture??

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman
    I have 99 and I was under the impressiom I had to hookup a 5 volt input wire for me to use WB with HP scanner is this not ture??
    Nope. I connected my LM-1 output wire (this is where your 5 volts comes from) to the HPtuner EIO input wire. Would have to look at what color wire but I think it was black to black and white to red for input 1 on the HPT. Then, using the LM-1 programming software, I set the voltage to 0 - 5 to indicate AFR 10 to 20 in the LM-1 and saved that configuration. Then I went to the table inside the scanner and added the LM-1 for input 1. If this isn't making sense, let me know and I will find the post I used to wire and configure my LM-1 to my HPT. I think camaro users use the AC line for RPM's or something. To power the LM-1 itself just takes 12 volts from like your cigarette lighter. Hope this helps

Jim K.

I wasnt thinking when i posted this. If you have the EIO cable you dont have to use the ac pressure sending switch. This was used when we didnt have a cable to log straight from the output of the WB

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    I wasnt thinking when i posted this. If you have the EIO cable you dont have to use the ac pressure sending switch. This was used when we didnt have a cable to log straight from the output of the WB
    Ah ha! I guess this was old school. ;D. The big question now is, does dragman have the EIO or should I just stay outta the A to B conversation. Let us know Dragman.

Jim K.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette
    Ah ha! I guess this was old school. ;D. The big question now is, does dragman have the EIO or should I just stay outta the A to B conversation. Let us know Dragman.

Jim K.
    Yes I have EIO. Thanks for info I will get on it when I can get out my driveway, we have about a ft of snow!

Tuner

Hey Dragman,

Here are the instructions I found that I used when I hooked mine up. Hopefully make things even clearer for you. I can't remember but I think this was from Jim Mueller from this board that wrote these up.

My LM-1 analog output cable had red as output 1, white as output 2, and shield as ground.

Connect your the LM-1 shield to pin 5 (black) on the EIO. Then connect your LM-1 output 1 (or 2, your choice) to one of EIO pins 1-4 (sorry I don't have the colors in front of me; pin 1 is white).

Install/open the LM-1 programmer software and set your LM-1 analog output to wideband mode, 0V=10AFR and 5V=20AFR and program it. Close the LM-1 programmer.

Connect the pigtail to the EIO interface, and the EIO interface to both your PC and the OBDII port. Open VCM Scanner, then View the table list. The bottom row is for A/D outputs. The two rows above them are for A/D inputs 1-4...
    --------------------------
    Input 1 | Input 2
    Input 3 | Input 4
    --------------------------
    Output 1 | Output 2
    -------------------------

Right click on the table cell which maches the EIO A/D channel (aka pin 1= inputl 1, etc) and add in your LM-1. Install your wideband in the exhaust and connect the various cables to the LM-1 handheld per Innovates directions and you should be good to go.
    I wired my cabling as below and am still having issues with the scanner not reporting the same numbers as the LM-1 handheld and software:

LM-1 analog Output 1 Red <-> EIO White (Pin 1)
    LM-1 analog Output 1 Shield <-> EIO Black (Pin 5)