Thread: Trouble with VCM Controls?

Trouble with VCM Controls?

On my HP Tuners, we were trying to do a CASE Learn on my car. We hit the VCM Controls to go hit the CASE Learn button, well it isn't highlighted. Can't figure out why all the controls in there are grayed out. Anyone else had an issue like this? Please help, thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a. you must hit the play button in the scanner
    b. all the checks must be passed to be able to perform a case learn ie ECT temp, idle tps, etc.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    b. all the checks must be passed to be able to perform a case learn ie ECT temp, idle tps, etc.

We hit the play button, and tried that and still everything is grayed out. Anything else I should be doing??

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

Ok I got the CASE Learn to begin. It says to gradually rev to limiter and let off. I did that and it says rpms too high? I didn't even reach the limiter. Then it just just goes back and says Begin again like nothing happened. Does that mean it passed or what am I doing wrong? Does it say complete after it passes all the tests? I just want to make sure what's going on here.

bump anyone else have trouble with the CASE Learn function??

Quote Originally Posted by Rare87GT
    bump anyone else have trouble with the CASE Learn function??

only issue i ever had was forgetting to close the log file prior to performing the CL.
    start scanning,
    open vcm controls to the CL (special) area.
    stop scan,
    close scan/log.
    single click on CL.
    agressively go from idle to rpm limiter. (this helps if the limiter is still at stock/baseline rpm)
    dont just pin the throttle. if i remember correctly you have like 4sec to get to the limiter.

i havent seen anything poppin up to tell me if it was done correctly. no special pop up telling your "CL completed successfully".
    if i didnt see the to low or to high rpm i just assumed it was done correctly.
    FWIW
    G/L

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by usd2sing
    only issue i ever had was forgetting to close the log file prior to performing the CL.
    start scanning,
    open vcm controls to the CL (special) area.
    stop scan,
    close scan/log.
    single click on CL.
    agressively go from idle to rpm limiter. (this helps if the limiter is still at stock/baseline rpm)
    dont just pin the throttle. if i remember correctly you have like 4sec to get to the limiter.

i havent seen anything poppin up to tell me if it was done correctly. no special pop up telling your "CL completed successfully".
    if i didnt see the to low or to high rpm i just assumed it was done correctly.
    FWIW
    G/L
    nice post