Thread: Wideband Setup Question

Tuner in Training

Wideband Setup Question

I'm about to install a WB O2 in the passenger side front sensor bung and have been digging through threads to figure out just what DTC's I need to modify to tune the car without it thinking something is wrong. I know everybody's cars vary a little here and there, as far as the DTC codes go, so I know it's probably not a direct answer for everybody. I plan on reinstalling both NB's after I finish the tune.

1. I'm still running the CATs in this car, so I don't care if the rears are on or off from this day on. I figure turning them off will just avoid any issues later in life. Would this be sensible?

2. Should I turn both front sensors off while I'm tuning with the Wideband? I personally would think so, because the PCM will probably do something weird if it's only reading one bank, but I have to ask.

3. Would it be easier for me to just install the WB, start the car, read the DTC errors, and then turn off any DTC's that popped up in the error list?

4. What else am I forgetting?

Thanks,
    Kipp
    2003 Z06 Blk/Blk/Torch Red
    2008 3/4T Duramax/Allison

No need to disable any codes. I tune the same way, sometimes the check engine light takes a couple of drive cycles to turn on. Everytime you write to the pcm, any codes are cleared.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. That will eliminate some of the headache.
    Kipp

Tuner in Training
    I just answered my own question:

If I had paid better attention to something I read a few days ago (from 5_Liter_Eater, I think) it said to totally disable closed loop so that there is no feedback from the 02 sensors. This alone would negate the need to disable any DTC's.

I'm still in the learning curve, but getting it...
    Kipp

Once either front O2 sensor is unplugged, your car will stay in open loop. Some LS2's still want to go into closed loop though.

Russ Kemp