Thread: Need help with hot start problem

Potential Tuner

Need help with hot start problem

It's an 03 Z06 with a G5X3, AFR heads and Stinger intake.
    When the engine is cold, it starts fine, idles well right away, about 900 rpm and requires very little warm up before driving. Repeated starts will be fine as long as the engine is not up to temp. After it is warmed up, it runs fine and idles great provided you don't shut it off. If it's been off less than 1 hour. When you re-start, it will start right up, then drop to about 400 rpm barely running for 3 to 5 seconds then come up to nomal idle. After about 10% of hot starts, it dies and is very hard to re-start. (cranks a long time).

Any suggestions on how to tune this out without raising the normal idle speed. Thanks in advance.
    Turning money into noise

Tuner

Re: Need help with hot start problem

You need to play with your idle air flow, and maybe your IAC also.
    01 Trans Am WS6, &&M6 ASC# 3201 420.5 HP 394.2 TQ&&TSP 228R, PRC 5.3 RHs, QTP\'s with catted Y, Asp, HS Rockers, Jantzer TB, !Baffles+sealed airbox,Factory Hurst w/LSS, Magnaflowatback, Direct-flo lid

Tuner

Try reducing the first three columns of your ve table.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by luv2spd
    Try reducing the first three columns of your ve table.

I "assumed" he had done that with the cold starts right...

but you may be correct.
    01 Trans Am WS6, &&M6 ASC# 3201 420.5 HP 394.2 TQ&&TSP 228R, PRC 5.3 RHs, QTP\'s with catted Y, Asp, HS Rockers, Jantzer TB, !Baffles+sealed airbox,Factory Hurst w/LSS, Magnaflowatback, Direct-flo lid

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by killer01ws6

I "assumed" he had done that with the cold starts right...

but you may be correct.
    I did not tune the car, so I'm not sure what was done. I just downloaded a stock bin and will compare. All I've done is change the throttle follower so the rpms don't hang between shifts. Thanks for the input.
    Turning money into noise