Thread: EIO What is it?

Potential Tuner

EIO What is it?

I am wanting to decide what I need for my car. I have a 98 LS1and for right now I only want to tune for LT Headers and I want to remove my EGR for a future LS6 intake. I did a search and hear you use the EIO for wideband or something. I don't understand any of it. Do I need the EIO for what I want to do?

Tuner

Re: EIO What is it?

The best answer I can offer is, if you want to get a tune that is 95% optimal, no you don't need the enhanced I/O. If you want to get the absolute last hp out of your car, yes you can use it. having said that, who knows what is just around the corner....(Xmas upgrade promised last month).... stay tuned..... who said that...

Brian

Re: EIO What is it?

EIO stands for Enhanced Inupt/Output. It means the interface has the ability to input data from other devices such as Wide Band O2 sensors (up to 4 devices). It also has two programable outputs you can use to control other devices (such as lights or relays). In order to get the most out of your car, a WBO2 would be very helpful and the EIO interface makes it very simple.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock