Thread: How accurate are dyno wideband sensors

Tuner in Training

How accurate are dyno wideband sensors

I have had this car, 03 Z06, and others on Dynojet rollers, and have often wondered how accurate the wideband AFR readings are since the probe goes up either pipe, after the cat. I have heard some say that the only way to be accurate is to use a wideband, like a LM-1, mounted before the cats. Is that true??? What I want to know is how close, or how consistent do the dyno widebands read as compared to the LM-1 hooked up to the hp tuners EIO interface. How critical is the AFR on a normally aspirated car??? Also, how accurate is the hp tuner scanner reading of AFR Commanded, as compared to either the dyno wideband or the LM-1??? Any thoughts???

Tuner

Re: How accurate are dyno wideband sensors

Your A/F Ratio can fluctuate within reason and not cause much power loss, the 02 sensor that goes into the tailpipe is called an EGT sensor, Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor and they are not as accurate as a WB mounted before the cats
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Tuner in Training

Re: How accurate are dyno wideband sensors

Sounds like the wideband sensor, like a LM-1, before the cats is the most accurate and the most consistent device. It convinces me to send my cable interface to HP Tuners and get the EIO.

Thanks again,