Thread: Anyone running two WB's?

Tuner in Training

Anyone running two WB's?

Just wondering if there is anyone out there running two WB's (i.e. one on each bank), replacing the standard NB units.

I am looking at a unit (well, actually a pair of them) that will let me adjust the simulated NB output from each sensor. From this I can adjust fuelling independently on each bank.

Does anyone else have something similar? Is it worthwhile?

Senior Tuner
    Running two widebands for the purpose of tuning each bank is not possible with the GM calibration. The fuel tables dictate the total fuel output flow, regardless of which bank. You could monitor both banks, but I would tune using the leaner of the two, typically the driver's side.

Tuner
    Is it possible to run wideband sensors in place of the narrowbands?
    '99 Silverado ECSB w/5.3, Patriot Performance Heads (2.02in 1.57ex) milled .050, LSXrt intake w/FAST 102mm TB, Comp/EPS Cam (226/230* dur .598/.600" lift 113 +2 LSA), 44# injectors, LS7 Lifters, Stock Rockerarms, Double Roller Timing Chain, ARP Head & Rod Bolts, HV Oil Pump, Vigilante 9" Converter 3600 stall, FLT Level 5 4L65E, K&N 77 series, Pacesetter LT, No Cats, Magnaflow Mufflers, True Duals, TB Bypass, Truetrac, 4.10's, E-Fans, HP Tuner

'10 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, L99, A6: Stock

Yes it is. However I usually just run in Open Loop if I'm taking out one of the narrowbands. Dials in rather nicely that way.
    Always Support Our Troops!

you can run two sensors...and use them for narrow band simulation...and then make a few appropriate changes in the O2 switchpoint tables to reflect the fact that you have a wideband that always outputs the same voltage at stoich(unlike the stock ones which can vary slightly depending on O2 temperature)
    and then you would have fuel trims based off of that data...
    unfortunately though..when in open loop..you dont have a choice in leaning out or richening up one side or the other...
    in which case you could just average the 2 banks by logging them both and you would get the closesest you are going to get anyways
    -Scott -