Hello!!

I am having a little trouble w/ my car. Its a 97 2.4 cav.

When I am using the VCM Scanner w/ the car running- the factory 02 sensor voltage stays at the bottom of the meter. It barely moves...

I beleive this is causing my car to run super rich when in closed loop mode, It thinks the car is extremely lean, so it just dumps fuel to compensate. The only way I can get the car to idle half decent is to run it in open loop mode and play w/ the idle VE table...

The only time I notice that the voltage on the meter actually moves is when I am driving the vehicle.. And even then, it doesn't move up and down- it usually just kinda sits near the top of the meter..

I originally had a heated o2 sensor from caspers in there, and I thought this was the issue, but after I installed a new OEM sensor, it does the same thing...

I was told by an experienced HPTuner that the meter should be constantly moving up and down at idle and this was my issue w/ the car running extremely rich in closed loop.. I also have a o2 simulator installed for the secondary o2 sensor- are they known to cause problems?

On second thought, i may have mixed up the open & closed loop parts.. If the above statements don't make sense- just flip flop those words..

Thanks for any information!!
-Marc