Thread: Too Rich @ WOT But Showing +4 LTFT?????

Tuner

Too Rich @ WOT But Showing +4 LTFT?????

I just took my truck to the track yesterday and it ran great. I tuned a whole second off with HP.!! Anyways... The reason it kept getting faster is i kept leaning it out because I was showing .975-.985mv on my O2's and a puff of black smoke would come out between shifts. My PE set at 13.2afr at 6psi I have additional fuel spaying for my boost enrichment thats giving me a rough 11.8-12.0afr range but its still a little rich on top of my 13.2, so after my boost comes and and the fuel starts spraying at 6psi I had to keep backing my PE down to a command 14.0afr. with in return i was getting a better WOT pull with the O2's still reading .915-.925mv. But now with it running strong and clean i'm showing a +4 LTFT when it has plenty of fuel. Any recommendations

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Posting a scan log & your tune might help.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I knew i forgot something when i posted.
    The Race 2 scan along with the "2bar..." tune was the really rich pass at 14.7 in the 1/4
    The race 5 scan and "3" tune was a 13.9 pass from backing down the fuel.

Tuner
    that idc looks pretty scary

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXtreme
    I just took my truck to the track yesterday and it ran great. I tuned a whole second off with HP.!! Anyways... The reason it kept getting faster is i kept leaning it out because I was showing .975-.985mv on my O2's and a puff of black smoke would come out between shifts. My PE set at 13.2afr at 6psi I have additional fuel spaying for my boost enrichment thats giving me a rough 11.8-12.0afr range but its still a little rich on top of my 13.2, so after my boost comes and and the fuel starts spraying at 6psi I had to keep backing my PE down to a command 14.0afr. with in return i was getting a better WOT pull with the O2's still reading .915-.925mv. But now with it running strong and clean i'm showing a +4 LTFT when it has plenty of fuel. Any recommendations
    I run 890-915 with no blower for maximum power and torque.
    W/blower, I'm thinking 915-925, which I think you mentioned. Might want to play with richer settings in the max torque range.

Sounds like ou got it tuned...

Tuner
    yes i know i didnt think the IDC could go that high! . the spray of fuel was just a temp solution for the track. i'm getting 42# when i save up some cash.
    But did anyone see my 1-2 shifts?? why is the throttle closing? no matter what i do by raising the etc up higher and higher it still wants to come off 100% between shifts. is that something in the tq management? cause wot 1-2 sucks all the time

You do understand that fuel trim at WOT mean nothing right?

You also realize that you can't rely on NB sensors for WOT tuning and that 3 cars can have 3 different readings?

Do yo have a wideband?

Your BE table starts at 1.12 (about a 13.1:1 AFR) and leans out. I do not see how you are saying this table is set up to be an 11.8-12.0. You need bigger injectors too. I don't understand why people flirt with disaster like this. You say you are "saving up" for 42# injectors. Do you realize that if you keep running the truck like this you will be "saving up" for a new motor?
    Throttle prob closes from TM.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    before when i was running 3.5psi i could use my BE table and set it at 11.8. I know narrow band o2's are not the way to tune but i was showing a nice steady .915-.925mv when BE kicked in. Now since i dont have enough injector for 8psi i was using a NOS nozzle with a 32 jet to spray to make up the difference. but when it sprays at 6psi and lower rpm the injectors can meet my wot afr ratio causing way to much fuel. so i stepped the BE and PE back to just use my fogger for all Boost enrichment. this set up should work if "like you said" i had a Wideband.

And TM is what i was thinking. but i was told not to remove the Torque management if my trans is stock. Right??