Thread: 93 Firebird with l92 motor, 98 ls1 computer

Potential Tuner

93 Firebird with l92 motor, 98 ls1 computer

will HPtuners work with this setup? 93 Firebird with l92 motor, 98 ls1 computer. thanks all

Shermen

Advanced Tuner
    only thing HPT would care about is the PCM. You would need to wire up an OBDII connector in order to plug into the PCM.

though.... not so sure how the L92 and 98 PCM would work together... don't the L92s use a different sized crank reluctor wheel?
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner
    so then you think that HPtuners will be able to read and tune the computer. (and in order to to get the ls1 comp in a lt1 car you have to have the wiring harness that comes with an odb2 port) but thanks for the info. I just bought hpt for my cobalt ss and figured I could tune the firebird as well. and as for the l92 and the ls1 comp. people have done it before with no problem so I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

Advanced Tuner
    computer no problem... only thing that concerned me was:
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...rse/index.html

I've been out of it as far as the Lxx numbers sadly but given an LS2 == L92 ? 04 LS2 blocks used 26 tooth reluctors... 05+ used 52 or so tooth reluctors.... an "LS1" PCM can not control a newer LS2/L92 engine since the crank reluctor ring is different.....

and regardless.. since you're not using a 98 LS1 engine... stay far far away from the 98 PCM..... if what you want to do is feasible... use a 99+ LS1 PCM
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner
    ok thx for the heads up. the computer came with the wiring. so we just figured we try it before we go wasting more money.

but again thanks for the info.

Shermen