Thread: OS Modification and Limitations L32/36/67

Tuner in Training

OS Modification and Limitations L32/36/67

Some common OS limitations on: L32/L67/L36

MAF Table range / 1500 - 11500

Airmass / Cyl will not calculate above 1.00

Injector Flow V.S. Vacuum kPA (shouldn't this be v.s. MAP?) What happens under boost?

VE MAP limited in range from 20kPa to 140kPA (Typical high boost applications reach as high as 190kPA) Stock sensor supports it; PCM does not.

RPM tables all limited to 6400

Is it possible to address any of these PCM shortcommings?

Perhaps even with something as simple as shifting the MAF table range from 1500 - 11500 to 2000 - 12000

or something more complicated such as adding the additional 4 MAF fields 11625, 11750, 11875, and 12000

Or is this just a pipe dream of mine

Re: OS Modification and Limitations L32/36/67

The rpm is a problem for me. I'm shifting at around 6800.

I'm hoping this is corrected in 2.0
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    The rpm is a problem for me. I'm shifting at around 6800.

I'm hoping this is corrected in 2.0
    I doubt its a simple fix...if thats how the stock computer is setup thats how the stock computer is setup. Just like the VE table in ls2's only goes to 6400...thats just how its setup from the factory. I seriously doubt hpt or any other software out there is going to hack the stock os's anytime soon.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

I doubt its a simple fix...if thats how the stock computer is setup thats how the stock computer is setup. Just like the VE table in ls2's only goes to 6400...thats just how its setup from the factory. I seriously doubt hpt or any other software out there is going to hack the stock os's anytime soon.

Agreed, anytime you add tables, you offset all the data.

However....

Changing the resolution or granularity of the table should allow you to have a wider range without offsetting any of the data.

The complexity of that HP Tuners would have to answer for.

-A

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

im no computer programmer, but i would think if you want them to "change" anything thats not already there would take more work then I think they think its worth. You may not see it as so but the v6 market is very small.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

The OS can be rewrote. There is alot of room in the BIN file. GM's code jumps around from one memory location to another just to run the current code.

So, if location 8000-9000 was free for new code, then throw some more jump and sub routines in there. However the table modifcation is the trick. The table is defined in a memory location, and if it is right next to another table, then all that has to be shifted and all code routines recompiled for the new memory locations of the information.

IF someone had the files from GM, and there editing software, now that would most likely be the fix. Can you imagine a editing software package that you open a file and go to the tables, select add cells, and poof... MAF out to 12500 or even 14000...

EFILive wrote some custom OS's for the V8's. I think they did extend some tables in those OS's. http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_os.html

V6 - as Bill indicated.. Not enough sales to drive more support there.

I will commit on the MAP table here also.. The table makes no sense that the MAP see's boost and vacuum. The table only defines "what" for 97-03 ?

Then look at the 04 MAP table >

Now all the sudden, the code is relating to positive (boost) and negative (vacuum) in the IFR table.

It would seem the 97-03 for the V6 supercharged application would do the same.

Loyde