Thread: Mileage report on tunes for the LBZ?

Mileage report on tunes for the LBZ?

Mileage increase report on the LBZ tunes? What do you tuners think about this program on the LBZ? Any info for us guys. Thanks.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Nobody?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

Thanks for the pm.

Tuner
    I have an 06 2500 LBZ. It is my daily driver and my work truck. It weighs 9100lbs. with welding machine ,tools, and bottles .I also pull a 31' travel trailer that is 8700lbs dry. I have several tunes that range from towing to pretty wild. I get an average of about 18.5 on the hiway at this weight. Towing the trailer I get about 12.5 to 13.5 depending on the wind, and that is driving at 70 to 75mph. I dont know what the ole mpg would be unloaded , but I am shure it would be impressive .

This program is awesome ! I cant wait for the next update . As far as the mileage goes what is your goal. Researching the factors that make a diesel run more effency are the key.

Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    I have an 06 2500 LBZ. It is my daily driver and my work truck. It weighs 9100lbs. with welding machine ,tools, and bottles .I also pull a 31' travel trailer that is 8700lbs dry. I have several tunes that range from towing to pretty wild. I get an average of about 18.5 on the hiway at this weight. Towing the trailer I get about 12.5 to 13.5 depending on the wind, and that is driving at 70 to 75mph. I dont know what the ole mpg would be unloaded , but I am shure it would be impressive .

This program is awesome ! I cant wait for the next update . As far as the mileage goes what is your goal. Researching the factors that make a diesel run more effency are the key.

Thanks for the post. I really appreciate it. What kind of hp/tq are your running? Right now, I get 17-18 mpg in town & country with my Banks six-gun with pda after I added the Banks ram air system. I moved up to 18 with the ram air system. On the highway I have been getting 20 unloaded. That is without the ram air system so maybe I am better. These are all hand calced also. I have a 33'-0" fifthwheel & I get 10-11 normally driving 65 mph. One time I got 12 driving 70-75, but that was a fluke. I must have been going downhill with a wind. I never had that mileage ever ago. My goal is to find/develope a good mileage tune, towing tune & fun tune. All of these would have to be for a stock tranny also. I just do not have the cash for a new tranny right now. Are any of your tunes in the tune section here or do you share your tunes? I am sorry, I do not know if you are just an average guy like me or a shop. What gauges do you run also. Right now I am going to keep my banks & run hptuner. I just need to save a little more money for the gauges. Have a good one & thanks again.

Tuner
    I dont know what kind of hp/tq . As far as my tunes I dont share them right now They are all in beta . I am runnin a stock trans also. I do not currently have any guages.

I am anxious to know more about the new 4.5L baby DMax that the 1500's are getting for 09.... mid 20's maybe? high 20's tuned???

Here's for dreaming....

They should be better then that. In a half ton you have less weight. I am thinking maybe 22-23 or more with the right tune.

Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    I dont know what kind of hp/tq . As far as my tunes I dont share them right now They are all in beta . I am runnin a stock trans also. I do not currently have any guages.
    Hey that is cool man. Can not blame a guy for trying to get a tune & check it out. Thanks for posting. I am wanting for the beta to get over & then I am ready to buy. I would like like to get some other gauge first also.

Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    Hey that is cool man. Can not blame a guy for trying to get a tune & check it out. Thanks for posting. I am wanting for the beta to get over & then I am ready to buy. I would like like to get some other gauge first also.

You can buy now and Bill will hook you up with the 2.19 code so you can tune your truck. Plus the sooner you get the software the sooner you can learn the basics - like logging and such.

Is that the public release or still the beta?

I think it is still in beta, but that at the very least you can use it to learn how to log and what to log, if your worried about writing to your ecm with beta software.