Thread: 4 second delay on new motors?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markislive
    Sweet ...I'll have to give that a try.

So??
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by kenny c
    So??

Did nothing, still a dog off the line...
    2010 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLT 2wd 6.2L/6L80 w/3.42's
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

Tuner
    Did nothing, still a dog off the line...
    I loaded the stock tune and started over with my tune. The "slipping" into 2nd was bugging the hell out of me. I lowered the overall tire dia. a little and so far the slipping is gone.

Once that was cleared up, I copied over most of the tables from my last tune and I also started a few tables from scratch. This thing is pulling VERY HARD now! It will spin the rear tires a little from a dead stop WOT pull and chirp them on the 1-2 up shift. Torque steer sucks now too! Anyway to help ease that?

I also raised the Charge Temp Filter vs. Airflow table like BBA mentioned. It seemed to sorta smooth out the acceleration a little at WOT. I'm also trying out 5 liter eaters Hot PE enable table. So far, I like it. Here's my new file and a short log today...just checking for KR.

Guys I took mine to the track again tonight and did some runs. The temp was 62 deg. My best e.t. was [email protected] with a 2.24 60' time with tm off. With tm on I ran a best of [email protected] with a 2.17 60' time. It is definitely not a monster off the line (mine's AWD so no tire spin whatsoever) but the midrange and top end is good. This is with only a K&N intake and my own HP tune. I tried some different shift points and it goes good now. I'll post the tune later.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1
    Guys I took mine to the track again tonight and did some runs. The temp was 62 deg. My best e.t. was [email protected] with a 2.24 60' time with tm off. With tm on I ran a best of [email protected] with a 2.17 60' time. It is definitely not a monster off the line (mine's AWD so no tire spin whatsoever) but the midrange and top end is good. This is with only a K&N intake and my own HP tune. I tried some different shift points and it goes good now. I'll post the tune later.
    Pete

Nice job Pete...where the hell u live for 62 degree temps...it's hot out dude...lol! I need ur tune man : ) 2.17' is a "decent" 60', but then again not so much for AWD and a so called 417tq...
    Last edited by markislive; 08-23-2007 at 05:03 AM.
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

Tuner
    Nice job on the times and like Mark asked, Where the hell do you live to get those outside temps?? I live in Southern Indiana right now and it was 80*F at 6 this morning!

Nice job Pete...where the hell u live for 62 degree temps...it's hot out dude...lol! I need ur tune man : ) 2.17' is a "decent" 60', but then again not so much for AWD and a so called 417tq...

Hey Mark, what 60' times is your g tech showing, or does it even show that? I might need to get one of those.

Anyway, the slipping crap came back this morning when the tranny fluid is cold. It's not really slipping and it only does on the 2-3 upshift??? I guess I am going to take it in. The front end needs an alignment after the lift anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny c
    Nice job on the times and like Mark asked, Where the hell do you live to get those outside temps?? I live in Southern Indiana right now and it was 80*F at 6 this morning!

Hey Mark, what 60' times is your g tech showing, or does it even show that? I might need to get one of those.

I have the 1st G-tech that ever came out..I think I bought it in 1996..lol! It has always been very close to what I would run at HRP on the previous truck. No 60' times on this one. I've been thinkin about upgrading. I can only look at 0-60 for low end on mine..I'm running 6 flat 0-60 during morning temps (mid 80's). I'll be ready to put the 18's on after I get my AFR tweaked with that LM-1 wideband. I'm thinking about going to the dyno with the 18's also just to see what she put's down....then compare with the stock tune. I also want to make sure my wideband is accurate/working right by comparing it to the dynojet wideband...I can't wait to go run in baytown again...

BTW...some dude on denalitrucks.com said Corsa will have an exhaust for us in a few months...

Hey Pete,

Is it best to dyno this truck in 3rd or 4th? Any tips...I'm bet it's tricky with a close 6spd?
    Last edited by markislive; 08-23-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Tuner
    I have the 1st G-tech that ever came out..I think I bought it in 1996..lol! It has always been very close to what I would run at HRP on the previous truck. No 60' times on this one. I've been thinkin about upgrading. I can only look at 0-60 for low end on mine..I'm running 6 flat 0-60 during morning temps (mid 80's). I'll be ready to put the 18's on after I get my AFR tweaked with that LM-1 wideband. I'm thinking about going to the dyno with the 18's also just to see what she put's down....then compare with the stock tune. I also want to make sure my wideband is accurate/working right by comparing it to the dynojet wideband...I can't wait to go run in baytown again...

BTW...some dude on denalitrucks.com said Corsa will have an exhaust for us in a few months...

Hey Pete,

Is it best to dyno this truck in 3rd or 4th? Any tips...I'm bet it's tricky with a close 6spd?
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to order some mandrel bent 90*s and 45*s and just have a local shop weld it up like we talked about the other day. I should be getting my LM1 and my intake soon too! Now if I can just figure this tranny crap! I don't think it's slipping, but I don't know what else it could be. I ran it with the stock tune and it was still doing it, but the TM made it less obvious.

Tuner in Training
    Markislive....

Is that dyno run a stock run(as delivered) on your Denali? Have you seen any other Dynojet graphs on the new trucks at all? Its about what I was expecting as far as numbers go..maybe a teeny bit lower than what I thought they may put down.

I definitley want to see another run after you tune it....she should pick up some decent power I would imagine.

CHRIS

I dynoed mine on a Land and Sea AWD dyno ( I own a Dynojet 224 but can't do AWD!). I did the pulls in 3rd gear which is too low but I couldn't get it to stay in 4th even with manual shift and with the tall tires and tall gear it probably would've shown lower numbers in 4th anyway. I got 303hp at the wheels which is respectable for AWD. I was more interested in the a/f and timing and whether I was gaining or losing. I live in NH and our track is right at the coast and here the ocean doesn't get above 65 deg so we don't get a lot of hot weather typically. I will bring it down again in Sept on a 40 deg night and see if I can get it into the 14.3's which shouldn't be a problem.
    Pete

Here's my tune that produced the 14.4 e.t. There is no Power enrichment delay as far as I can tell, I didn't experience it on the dyno either.
    Pete

Tuner
    Here's my tune that produced the 14.4 e.t. There is no Power enrichment delay as far as I can tell, I didn't experience it on the dyno either.
    Pete

Thanks for letting us check out your tune file! Our tunes look very similar!

I noticed that you disabled the closed throttle downshift TM. I noticed when I disabled it that my 2-1 shift on a coast down was very harsh. Is this not the case for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 2003SCT
    Markislive....

Is that dyno run a stock run(as delivered) on your Denali? Have you seen any other Dynojet graphs on the new trucks at all? Its about what I was expecting as far as numbers go..maybe a teeny bit lower than what I thought they may put down.

I definitley want to see another run after you tune it....she should pick up some decent power I would imagine.

CHRIS
    That was my modded Titan....it was a real tire fryer....I miss that low end, especially towing. I'm gonna get the Denali dyno'ed soon after I get the AFR dialed via street tune w/wideband. I'll load the stock and compare it to what I am working with now...
    Last edited by markislive; 08-24-2007 at 09:04 AM.

I couldn't get it to stay in 4th even with manual shift and with the tall tires and tall gear it probably would've shown lower numbers in 4th anyway.
    Pete

What size tires (height) tires are ya running?
    Last edited by markislive; 08-24-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I dynoed mine on a Land and Sea AWD dyno ( I own a Dynojet 224 but can't do AWD!). I did the pulls in 3rd gear which is too low but I couldn't get it to stay in 4th even with manual shift and with the tall tires and tall gear it probably would've shown lower numbers in 4th anyway. I got 303hp at the wheels which is respectable for AWD. I was more interested in the a/f and timing and whether I was gaining or losing. I live in NH and our track is right at the coast and here the ocean doesn't get above 65 deg so we don't get a lot of hot weather typically. I will bring it down again in Sept on a 40 deg night and see if I can get it into the 14.3's which shouldn't be a problem.
    Pete

Hmm...I dont know how the Land and Sea numbers compare but thats cool....the hp numbers seem really solid for AWD...and those quarter mile times are cookin for a big truck. What all mods do you have or is it just HPT for right now?

CHRIS

Tuner in Training
    TM is killing you off the line and during your shifts. Look at your log files. Every time you get on it from a dig you're at 3* and at the first 2 shifts -14* and -7* at the 3rd shift.

It's almost 2 seconds when you hit it before you're timing recovers to the ~20* it was at. The shifts are only ~.5 seconds.

I also was looking at your logs, and noticed the timing issue. Even when TM kicks off your are only seeing 15-19 degrees of timing until high rpm. I would run significantly more timing and back it out as you get closer to wot. Shoot for a commanded AFR of 12.6 and 28-30 degrees of timing down low. That will liven it up on the launch, jsut watch for KR and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by kindaslo
    I also was looking at your logs, and noticed the timing issue. Even when TM kicks off your are only seeing 15-19 degrees of timing until high rpm. I would run significantly more timing and back it out as you get closer to wot. Shoot for a commanded AFR of 12.6 and 28-30 degrees of timing down low. That will liven it up on the launch, jsut watch for KR and adjust accordingly.
    If I run 15* of timing off the line in the WOT load area's I get 9* of KR across the board to 6k rpm. That is only from modifying the 600-1,400 rpm range...why would that cause KR across the board? I thought it would only knock on the bottom end or under 1,400 rpm...

Something must be up with VVT! If I run the stock timing map my truck still run's a 6.2 sec 0-60.....

I can bump up the timing 6* off idle without KR but notice NO difference comming out of the hole. Look at the stock High Oct map -5* off idle, but just as quick, a little less responsive around town but no real diff on the g-tech or seat of pants feel once it finally responds to WOT..Any thoughts. Who knows VVT?

Here is the stock high octane map...

Last edited by markislive; 09-07-2007 at 10:18 AM.

I would cut down your precision so you can see more RPM columns. You dont need that many digits past the decimal point.

That scan image somone posted shows you are running close to full TM. You are pulling huge amounts of timing at launch and shifts.

I would log your KR an use it to clean up your spark table.

And I would not complain about a 2.1 60' time. Thats very respectable for a vehicle of that that was designed to tow. The converter and truck was designed for that and not a 60' launch.

Pete
    Pete how do you launch your truck? Do you stall? If so what rpm?