Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magna Charged 02 camaro

Tuner in Training

Magna Charged 02 camaro

Well my buddie(im sure he will chime in) is having a issue with getting this car to run correctly.

Its 2 bar now i used the map sensor off my cobalt ss supercharged car. It works perfect on there. the ve was copied over to the 2 bar. timing is set to 22 at idle. The car only runs 10degrees. And the map is PEGGED at 105 consistely. I suked on the map and got it to fall to 101 so i know it obviously works.

Long story short i put the stock NON 2 bar tune back in the car fires right up and idles like it used to before the blower on in. WHY? Leaving the 2 bar map in it now reads 45-50ish like it should be. When the 2 bar tune is in again the map is pegged and you have to have your foot in it to make it run.

Anyone got any inside info what i missed on doing.
    why does it run perfectly fine start right up in a regular tune but when in 2 bar you cant keep it running the the map gets pegged at 105 at idle.

Kyle
    1971 Nova - L96 Tvs2300 6l90
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock
    2010 Denali - 6.2 Tvs2300

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Care to post your tune & a scan log showing the issues with the 2 bar setup?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yup bill i tried that. Its 12 and i cant wake the neighbors up so ill have to wait until tomorrow.
    You think that really will make a difference?
    Why would it not let it get the 22degrees at idle?

Kyle
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

Tuner in Training
    It wont let me post up the tune/log i have a technical problem with the laptop. Ill try and upload it at work tomorrow!

Kyle
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97 Z Me Go
    Why would it not let it get the 22degrees at idle?
    Adder tables taking away timing.

Tuner
    Yeah for some reason this file just flat out doesnt work. Bill, you should have the file there and be able to verify if those adder tables are messing with anything but im certain i 0'ed the IAT and ECT tables right off the bat...

It just will not run on this tune... The VE table has been corrected from the 2 bar swap, and the timing was reduced from .60 g/cyl and higher. and un checked maf ses enabled and set to no mil light for PO101-103 That is all.

The map sensor never moves from 105, it just pours the pork to it, and the timing stays @ 10 and you gotta keep your foot in it to even get it to start and stay running.

Changing nothing, but doing a write entire to get the prior non 2 bar tune in. Instantly upon starting the car, it ran perfect the map sensor was reading in the 50's timing was in the low 20s and the AFR was in the high 12s not low 10s.... with the 2 bar sensor in it yet too...

There is something wrong with the file... its something we cannot obviously see wrong with it. Or something else is going on. Please help.

Otherwise we write off the 2 bar ability and just try and make it work on 1 bar where the car actually runs like its supposed to.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 08-21-2007 at 07:31 AM.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah for some reason this file just flat out doesnt work. Bill, you should have the file there and be able to verify if those adder tables are messing with anything but im certain i 0'ed the IAT and ECT tables right off the bat...
    There are more spark adder tables than just IAT & ECT.

The map sensor never moves from 105, it just pours the pork to it, and the timing stays @ 10 and you gotta keep your foot in it to even get it to start and stay running.
    try logging 2 bar map, delete map(sae) and delete the maf pid from your table display, this will give you the actual numbers.

Changing nothing, but doing a write entire to get the prior non 2 bar tune in. Instantly upon starting the car, it ran perfect the map sensor was reading in the 50's timing was in the low 20s and the AFR was in the high 12s not low 10s.... with the 2 bar sensor in it yet too...
    So flashing in a stock operating system with a "2 bar sensor" installed the car ran perfect yet with a 2 bar operating system it ran bad. It really sounds like you have a 1 bar sensor installed...what P/N 2 bar sensor are you using?

Tuner
    I dont know if there is some mis communication here. I understand what you are saying. But the car has never been able to be driven yet. So all we have are 30 sec logs of trying to keep it running barely in the 2 bar tune. It never gets into boost to have to worry about reading above 105 kpa right now.

How come with the 1 bar tune it runs normal? and just changing it back to 2 bar it runs like ass with just changing the VE table to be normal and reduced timing in WOT regions?? leaving the same 06' cobalt SS LSJ supercharged map sensor in it for both write entires.

The very same map sensor reads and fucntions normal in 1 bar tune (55kpa) is what im trying to say. As soon as we write entire over to 2 bar it goes to hell (105 kpa all the time).

You have the file we sent last night, look at it and see if you see something wrong with it... Please.

Perhaps it would be easier to talk on the phone about this? We are loosing some communications via this interweb thing here i feel.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 08-21-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    the scan is with the maf and 1 bar pdi yet. The tune is 2 bar.
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    How come with the 1 bar tune it runs normal?
    Isn't that what we're both trying to figure out? Have you tried swapping your 1 bar sensor back in to see how it runs on a 1 bar operating system? Does it read the same in the scanner? What P/N is the map sensor your using?

You have the file we sent last night, look at it and see if you see something wrong with it... Please.
    already did, and nothing stood out. I would like to know with what version did you apply the 2 bar operating system to the file? As well as what version your currently running.

Senior Tuner
    Cobalt SS have two MAP sensors ... one is a 1-BAR MAP sensor the other is a 2-BAR BARO sensor. Which did you try? I have had customers bring in their own Cobalt SS MAP sensors, and many just asked the dealer for the MAP sensor, which is a 1-BAR. We concluded that the one needed to be specified was actually a BARO sensor. As Bill said, post up the part number of the sensor you tried to use. I can almost gaurantee it was a 1-BAR MAP from the Cobalt SS, not the BARO sensor.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Isn't that what we're both trying to figure out? Have you tried swapping your 1 bar sensor back in to see how it runs on a 1 bar operating system? Does it read the same in the scanner? What P/N is the map sensor your using?

already did, and nothing stood out. I would like to know with what version did you apply the 2 bar operating system to the file? As well as what version your currently running.
    i know for sure its the latest 2.1.18 version or whatever, not sure about the 2 bar OS file, i didnt load that nor is it my laptop. Kyle would have to answer that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Cobalt SS have two MAP sensors ... one is a 1-BAR MAP sensor the other is a 2-BAR BARO sensor. Which did you try? I have had customers bring in their own Cobalt SS MAP sensors, and many just asked the dealer for the MAP sensor, which is a 1-BAR. We concluded that the one needed to be specified was actually a BARO sensor. As Bill said, post up the part number of the sensor you tried to use. I can almost gaurantee it was a 1-BAR MAP from the Cobalt SS, not the BARO sensor.
    That would make sence, not sure which one he grabbed out of the car. Have you had experience with the 1 bar LSJ supercharged sensor being used with a 2 bar tune and how it acts when trying to run the car?

Im gonna be pissed if this is all is the issue, kyle you will owe me a pack of smokes that i just about used up last night working on this thing!

Tuner in Training
    2.1.18.0 is the version number i have.

The part number on the 2 bar from the 06 ss/sc car is 16212460

The other things im not sure about ill have to try tonight.
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

Tuner in Training
    The sensor i used is the one off the top of the blower. I bet its the one that is down twards the oil filter.

Kyle
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    according to this thread http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/archive.../t-149065.html its a 1 bar sensor...the thread could be wrong but a quick search netted me that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Delving a little further it looks like the range for that sensor is 20-102kpa making it a 1 bar sensor which is why I asked for the p/n early on as this is a common mistake.

Tuner in Training
    well the other number on the second sensor is 12580698. Thats probly the one i need to use.
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock

Tuner
    hmm that would explain why the map doesnt do shit then in 2 bar... Better make that a carton!

Sorry for my frustration, i didnt know any better that a 1 bar map was still being used lol

Me: are you sure its the right map sensor?
    him: yeah its off the blower...
    me: oooooooook I gotta lighter.... we can solve this pretty quick.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 08-21-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    well that solves the problem i will assume. Thanks for the help Bill and 12 sec ss!
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock