Thread: Need Stock tune, going Nitrous and have Advanced Timing

Question Need Stock tune, going Nitrous and have Advanced Timing

Hello. Well I have been messing around with the HPtuner software for a few weeks. Usually Sunday of each week, tring to learn what all the settings are. I somewhat understand some of them... But, I'm still a little confused. First off, let me say that I have a mail order tune, and the tune is set for 93 advance timing. I bought a nitrous kit, so I'm needing to knock the tune back to stock.. Well, not completely stock. I have changed my tires and gears so I would like to keep that, also I have installed a Gforce Transmission(manual trans), currently my speedo is off because of it, but I can leave with it until I get all the other tuning set up.

So, I was wondering. Does anyone have a stock tune for a 2000 Camaro v6, with 245/50 tires and 3.73 gears. Mainly I just want to get my timing back to the stock timing...

That said, if I can get the timing set back to stock, I then was wondering how can I tune for nitrous? If I tune for nitrous wouldn't that hurt the regular performance of the car? or should I have one tune for when I just want to drive my car and then a nitrous tune that I upload to the car when I'm at the drags and want to push as much from the nitrous as possible... ? Also, I really just want to get away from the timing advance, and go back to stock timing, so I can run nitrous on the stock timing without any worries just in case I do not have my laptop with me to upload the nitrous tune... I really hope all that made sense... Or maybe my car would run fine with a nitrous tune, I'm still new to all of this..

Also, here is a list of mods that I have done to my car. I'll just list the ones I think would have anything to do with the tuner software.

1.8 SLP roller rockers
    removed MAF Screen
    160 thermy
    remoeved all air intake restrictions
    CIA Headers, high flow cat
    3" inch exhaust system
    Geforce Trans
    3.73 gears with LSD rear
    MSD Coil packs
    8mm plug wires

mods that I have that I need to install after I get the tune set
    NOS Kit 50, 75, 100 shot
    Inline fuel filter(will install one day, if I decide to go over 75 or maybe sooner)
    NGK plugs 4177

I think that is everything. I don't think I have left anything out.. So any help with getting a stock tune and tuning info on how to tune for nitrous would be great.

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
    Jeff

Edit-----> tires are 245/50/16 left out 16 up above...
    Last edited by Guardiannknight; 09-02-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Question

Also, I just did a few more scans on my car and it looks like I never hit 100% throttle... It usually hits around 92 to 96%, So, will this cause a problem with the Nitrous... Since I will have a WOT switch? Is there anyway I can fix the throttle?

Thanks again,
    Jeff

Question

Anyone...

Tuner in Training
    read it, I will email you some pointers when I get home from work today, but you could leave your tune the way it is if you install your nitrous kit a certain way, I will explain later.

Tuner in Training
    sent ya a PM

Question

cool, got it, i sent you one back... with well... with a few... ok several questions....