Thread: Wideband wire routing in a C6 Corvette?

Advanced Tuner

Wideband wire routing in a C6 Corvette?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I should run the wires from the wideband into the cabin of my C6 Corvette?

I'm getting ready to install it tonight and was curious if there's a preferred method/location of running the wires from the headers into the car as I'd rather not drill the hole (if necessary) in the wrong spot.

Thanks in advance,
    Christopher

Advanced Tuner
    Temporary or permanently? For just temporary testing, I went under and around the outside of the passenger door and in the open window. Taped the cable near the rocker below, had the cable wrapped in felt along the paint and circled around the door pull/arm rest.

Advanced Tuner
    I was thinking permanently but since I'm going to the track on Wednesday to test out all of my recent mods, wiring it like that for tomorrow night is a great idea.

Thanks much,
    Christopher

track probably won't tech you like that FYI..

Just install the wideband and then tie up the sensor with some zip ties, and poke a hole in the floor closes top that under the carpet on the passenger side. Then use some seam sealer to weatherproof the pass through.

Tuner

Clean and Quick

There is a wad of wires (wiring harness) that comes into to the cabin on the passenger side by the oil tank. It was in the same place on my 02 Z. I used mechanic's wire to shove thru the firewall and wired it into the fuse block under the passenger kick panel. Very clean and quick and no cutting!

Warp 10 Always!

Bill
    Warp 10 Always

Advanced Tuner
    I had to run my amplifier power cables through there so that does sound like a good place.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Christopher

There is a rubber grommet on the passenger side firewall that you can use for passing wideband 02 cables into the passenger compartment. It is accessed inside the vehicle just above the fuse block.