Thread: how to filter a log???

how to filter a log???

Well guys, i cant seem to find the answer to this, and im not even sure if I am posting this in the right place. My question is how do i filter out unwanted data, from a log file? For example: I did a 60 minute drive, of normal driving, and WOT. I want to filter out my decel data by taking anything with a TPS % of 5 or less, and filtering it out. So it doesnt affect my VE tuning. Any help with this, or point me to the thread would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks much fellas!
    Last edited by rodneypierce; 09-15-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Have a look in the help file under 'Custom Functions, Filters, and Triggers and I think that will give you the info you need

Advanced Tuner
    link to plot filtering demo in the help file

Open the Histogram and click on the " Configure histograms" button (the icon that has the gear wheel , hammer and screwdriver on it)

Select the histogram you want to apply the filter to , the list is in the top left corner of the Histogram Configuration window .

You can find the available sensors or parameters that you can apply filters to by clicking on the blue question mark .

For filtering any data where the throttle is below 5% you would replace <Filter String> with [SENS.90]>5 .

thanks much Arron!

Tuner in Training
    I just read this thanks Arron.