Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazy?

Tuner in Training

Lazy?

Just got hptuners this week for the GTO. Fixed some horrid fuel trim averages (+5 or so).

Got lazy and didn't feel like bothering with all the excel work.

http://www.tiggerfan.net/ltft.php

Just upload the csv file from hptuners and let it do the rest. Let me know if you'd like to see anything else there. Trying to build a reasonable collection of tools (Tracking KR etc) as I go on, but this one is just the first.

It may break from time to time as I'm tuning it as well. Price you pay for laziness

Tuner in Training

Re: Lazy?

rock on, does the excel have to be in any particular format?(which colums where, etc..)

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by keving
    rock on, does the excel have to be in any particular format?(which colums where, etc..)
    It should be the stock export file from hptuners 1.3.0

Column 4, 17,18 and 20 are the keys for this table, but I plan on adding even more processing down the road for other valuable data.

I've managed using the input to take my average fuel trims to between 0 and -1 from a 4.4 and 4.7 and my cell 15 fuel trims to -.35 and -.26.

The tool currently displays fuel trims by throttle % and fuel cell table, plus averages for both rows and columns.

If you would like to see additional tables, let me know and I can process them out of the log too. I'm just trying to figure out what data is useful to graph. I'm working on engine timing vs. rpm right now. Should be fun.

Tuner in Training

Dude that rocks, I was thinking about doing this with some vbs, but looks like your all over it, I owe ya a beer...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by keving
    Dude that rocks, I was thinking about doing this with some vbs, but looks like your all over it, I owe ya a beer...
    Thanks. I think I've got the knock table hammered out, complete with all the good knock retard info.

That should allow people to adjust everything I can think of. Any other info you all would like to see?

Tuner in Training

It also now generates knock and average timing by RPM, plus it will generate a VE table displaying g/cyl against RPM, showing your average timing for each VE cell, plus any knock indications in those cells.

Any other requests? Comments? Anything?

Tuner in Training

Glad to see your initial fuel trims were near +5. I saw the same thing on mine, so I guess it's a "feature" of the '04 GTO. Anyway, it's comforting to see similar numbers. Makes me believe my Goat is "normal".

All I've done so far is the fuel trims. Haven't had time to do more. I don't have a wideband O2 setup, either, so whatever I do next will be mostly "guesswork" anyway.
    2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1 5.7L V8

Tuner in Training

This is awesome!!! 8)

Now for the dumb info... I have tuned my LFTF's but now from the data in your webpage. How and what do I tune for next? I see some knock.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
    The toys:&&&&

Tuner in Training

Excellent. Let me know when you want the PE table. I've got the air fuel significantly better then stock (It runs WAY rich off the PE table at high rpm).

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIT
    Glad to see your initial fuel trims were near +5. I saw the same thing on mine, so I guess it's a "feature" of the '04 GTO. Anyway, it's comforting to see similar numbers. Makes me believe my Goat is "normal".

All I've done so far is the fuel trims. Haven't had time to do more. I don't have a wideband O2 setup, either, so whatever I do next will be mostly "guesswork" anyway.

Tuner in Training

I've been working on the timing table. I'm personally attacking those cells where knock was first detected, and advancing whatever else I can, and then cleaning it up to keep the curve somewhat clean. (Ie, not going 28 28 22 27) and then retesting.

I'm still not convinced that a very small amount of knock retard is a bad thing (since I'd rather have 37.8 degrees of timing, vs backing it down to 37 degrees). I am however cleaning up anything that I also notice leads to a lot of knock in a row or anything with over .5 knock retard.

the car feels a LOT better right now, and the pull at the 3-4 shift is unreal. The car actually crouches at the shift, and it then just goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWS6LS1
    This is awesome!!! 8)

Now for the dumb info... I have tuned my LFTF's but now from the data in your webpage. How and what do I tune for next? I see some knock.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Tuner in Training

I am new to tuning and i am having so much trouble even with the trans. have not even got to the engine yet. had this program for a month now. today i uploaded the csv file and got back the data. how do i go about using this Info for my tuning? i have the 98 camaro 5.7 with auto trans.
    1998 Camaro 5.7Modds-SLP lid-flow master cat back-ported MAF.

Tuner in Training

Will this work for a V6?

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by PiLOTLiTE
    Will this work for a V6?

It will work with any HP Tuners CSV file. So yes.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by rickpalmer
    I am new to tuning and i am having so much trouble even with the trans. have not even got to the engine yet. had this program for a month now. today i uploaded the csv file and got back the data. how do i go about using this Info for my tuning? i have the 98 camaro 5.7 with auto trans.

You can use this information for tuning both your timing table (Seeing which cells you get knock in, plus which cells knock starts in) as well as scaling the fuel ratio table to get the LTFT slightly negative, particularly in cells 13-15.

Tuner in Training

I get tons of n/a (actually the ltft table is full of them)?
    It does say:
    File successfully uploaded.
    Total Points - 2627

Am I doing something wrong?

Potential Tuner

no,nothing wrong,those cells just weren't used.Try doing a longer log and move the throttle and rpms around as much as possible for timing.Keep part throttle for ltf's.You can log up to 10,000 points so log as much as possible to make things more accurate. Anthony

Tuner

this is a fantastic tool. But it gave me more questions than answers. I got the LTrims -.8 and -1 according to the sheet, but some quadrant areas are severely negative like the 25-40% TPS at near 3krpm in the -5 range and the near 80% throttle near shift at 5000RPM up seem to be 0 to just positive. and I am getting knock at the stock spark advance table only at those RPMs 5k plus. Is there a way, maybe through IFR, or some other means, to change the inputs to this table so that is more evenly slightly negative all the way through. This one is making me feel really dumb. Thanks for the help.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Tuner

Cell # correlate to what again?

Is there somewhere I can find out what cells mean what? My LTrims are -.1 and -.5 over 2 hours of driving in part throttle. However, when I decelerate, Cell 1 is .6 and Cell 2 is 5 to 6 on average everytime... and cell 20 is .5 positive. What do each of the cells relate to?
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Senior Tuner

FTC definitions here, plus discussion

Tuner in Training

Ok, did a full log (10000) pts, and ltft table still shows all n/a?