Thread: Ford & GM Credits

Ford & GM Credits

Since the credits are the same price why cant we just use a credit as a credit and not seperate them? I usualy try to keep 6 credits on hand at all times and Now that ford tuning is here I will need to keep some ford credits on hand as well. Sure we get our money back and then some, but instead of $300 worth of credits at all times I will need to keep $600, Then when dodge comes out sheesh! There must be a reason to seperate the credits?

Tuner in Training
    Instant credits now! No need to keep them on hand

Yes I know this... Even before instant credits I have always gotten my new key within 30min-1hr or so. I choose to keep credits on hand and will Continue to as I have been burnt to many times with customers who want service at that moment and dont return for it later. Sure instant credits help, but they were pretty instant for me in the past and is just easyer to keep them on hand. For example they posted the software at 12:06 pm today I had a customer around 2pm with a 05 F150 lifted and big ass tires and wheels who needed a simple speedo calibration with cash in hand. He didnt have a credit card and I forgot my wallet at home. I have 6 GM credits on hand but they didnt do me any good in this situation.

Without getting into too many details, the primary reason is so that we have some inclination as to what is selling. By separating the Ford from the GM, we have data that shows how our Ford sales are doing as compared to GM.

Given a limited amount of manpower for development, this information will be particularly helpful in the future when it comes to setting priorities.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Ok fair enough I can understand this. Thanks for the response

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HPTuners
    Without getting into too many details, the primary reason is so that we have some inclination as to what is selling. By separating the Ford from the GM, we have data that shows how our Ford sales are doing as compared to GM.

Given a limited amount of manpower for development, this information will be particularly helpful in the future when it comes to setting priorities.
    And the real reason, so HP Tuners makes more money. I have four credits in my file but can't use them towards my 06 4.6 Mustang. Some how this doesn't seem fair just to help you guys keep records. I've bought two HP Tuners in my time, made numerous posts on other forums of gratitude and praise towards HP Tuners and now you won't let me use what I bought and paid for!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ford files must be handled differently & purchased separately, we can't even single license them the same as GM's because of how ford structured their files. Add to that our entire file structure had to be redone specifically for fords as you'll be able to see once you view a ford file. Im sorry you feel its unfair we cannot melt everything together into one pot but this is just how things had to work out for seamless execution for our goals to add Ford & Dodge to our lineup of supported vehicles.

Have a great night Larry!

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The fact that GM, Ford (and Dodge) credits are seperate has been known, discussed and debated since we released the credit system itself almost 2 years ago. Let's not discuss it again. The initial question has been answered.
    I count sheep in hex...