Thread: How to add more Fuel Pressure with Bigger Injectors

Tuner

How to add more Fuel Pressure with Bigger Injectors

I just swapped out my 24# stock injectors with a free set of 39# cobra injectors. I finally got my IDC down to 85% with 8lbs of boost instead of my crazy 150% IDC. When I reflashed my truck I just put 39.00 across the board on Flow Rate vs. KPA Table. Now by not increasing the value as the at 0 KPA does that keep the fuel pressure the same, or does the computer automatically increase the pressure to its factory setting?
    I would like to get a little more injector out of the 39#ers with a little more fuel pressure. Just not sure how to raise the pressure?

Regulator controls pressure not the PCM. On the 04+ trucks you have a static regulator/rail pressure of 58#. You would have to change to the 03 style fuel system to have a rising rate fuel system.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Yes the 04+ have a returnless fuel system. I read somewhere that the PCM controls the voltage to the pump as well and when the fuel system goes into WOT the PCM feeds more voltage to the pump creating more fuel pressure under WOT. But if you saying for sure its a fixed 58psi then that sucks.

Only on certain Holden V8's. No US cars/trucks are that way to my knowledge. US car fuel pump power comes directly from the fuel pump relay and that's it. Straight battery voltage.

Regulator in the tank is the same as on the rail on the 03's, just moved and reverenced to tank pressure.
    Always Support Our Troops!