Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5bar for E38 ECM's features and devtest results

I have shoot you an email, I really need to be on the beta list please.

Thank you,
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Any word on when a 2006 E38 vehicle can run this OS?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Any update on this? I need this OS for an '08 Z06 badly.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to request being put on the beta list.

I've got a Z06 that hits the wall with anything over 15 Lbs of boost at 5K RPM.

Thanks in advance!

Ed, can you post up or email me your tune & scans? Got some ideas with your current setup...
    Always Support Our Troops!

So is the LS3/E38 boost-aware OS available? I have a Vortech blown 08 C6 that could use it.

Jeff

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secz View Post
    So is the LS3/E38 boost-aware OS available? I have a Vortech blown 08 C6 that could use it.

Jeff
    It is currently available for most Aussie E38 calibrations as well as the 08-09 G8 & newest 07 corvette calibration. If you would like to be added to our beta list please email support with your .hpt file & serial number and as soon as it becomes available for your application I will email you directly with download instructions.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks, will do!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It is currently available for most Aussie E38 calibrations as well as the 08-09 G8 & newest 07 corvette calibration. If you would like to be added to our beta list please email support with your .hpt file & serial number and as soon as it becomes available for your application I will email you directly with download instructions.

-Bill
    Bill it's been over 5 weeks on the list waiting on my beta version for my 2006 E38.
    How much longer will I have to wait ?

Thanks

Perry

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    VE coefficients and associated calculations are gone. The new tables are all real, just like the E40 and the good old LS1 PCM

In regards to the VVT motors, this is something we will work on before the US beta, i originally planned to add a couple of extra Cam Multiplier tables that will be Multiplier vs. Intake Cam Angle vs. RPM and also Multiplier vs. Exhaust Cam Angle vs. RPM. Although i think tuning it will be beyond most folks, but still a lot easier than trying to picture a 6d chart in your head

It's kinda surprising but not really surprising that most positive feedback so far has been around the extended MAF table and the aftermarket options and opportunities it opens up for tuners who are only just running out of MAF (on low psi boosted apps or strokers) and don't want to go down the pure SD path for various reasons.

Chris...

Thats what I'm talkin about!!!! With a career change I felt like I was being out tuned as all the new body trucks seemed to be 38 ecm's, which I never had the time to figure the new method out, let alone how much time it would take even w/ a wideband.

So w/ a 2.5 OS The NB trucks I should be able to use good Ol LS1 SD w/ a WB method to dial in a stock or bolt on truck's MAF and VE tables???

I knew something had to be coming after hiring all the new "hands"!!!

Good Stuff!!!!! keep on, keepin on!!!!!

chris
    06 LQ4 2500HD CC LB 4wd 4.56, Dana 60,
    17 3500HD 6.0 srw
    GenIII Unlimited GM Full Size Truck/SUV
    Serial cable to WiFi

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by c6dude View Post
    Bill it's been over 5 weeks on the list waiting on my beta version for my 2006 E38.
    How much longer will I have to wait ?

Thanks

Perry
    This time of the year is our busiest in that GM is releasing their 09' Vehicles meaning dozens upon dozens of new operating systems just to offer people support for those vehicles. Additionally there are dozens of requests for custom operating systems including LS1 calibrations. Custom operating system enhancements take several days per operating system and do not take priority over giving our customers "basic" support of their stock operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by blucreek View Post
    Thats what I'm talkin about!!!! With a career change I felt like I was being out tuned as all the new body trucks seemed to be 38 ecm's, which I never had the time to figure the new method out, let alone how much time it would take even w/ a wideband.

So w/ a 2.5 OS The NB trucks I should be able to use good Ol LS1 SD w/ a WB method to dial in a stock or bolt on truck's MAF and VE tables???

I knew something had to be coming after hiring all the new "hands"!!!

Good Stuff!!!!! keep on, keepin on!!!!!

chris
    We're sure trying to make things easier and more familiar

Tuner in Training
    First ... Thanks Bill and the rest of the crew at HPT! Support for my 08 6.2L VVT Denali in something that I can use is going to be awesome. If I e-mail support is there any chance I can get in on the beta?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by D-GTO View Post
    First ... Thanks Bill and the rest of the crew at HPT! Support for my 08 6.2L VVT Denali in something that I can use is going to be awesome. If I e-mail support is there any chance I can get in on the beta?
    Currently we are taking files so we can get some order as to what operating system(s) have the highest need for support. Once you offer support for your specific operating system you would receive a return email with download instructions. It may take several weeks or a few months as finding developement time for vcm enhancements is very difficult for us this time of the year with SEMA & PRI right around the corner and it being the beginning of the model year for GM's product line.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Currently we are taking files so we can get some order as to what operating system(s) have the highest need for support. Once you offer support for your specific operating system you would receive a return email with download instructions. It may take several weeks or a few months as finding developement time for vcm enhancements is very difficult for us this time of the year with SEMA & PRI right around the corner and it being the beginning of the model year for GM's product line.
    I understand and I know you guys will get to it as soon as you can. It is very much appreciated.

Will this be available for the 07+ TrailBlazerSS any time soon? I would much rather have HPTuners and a true SD OS in my truck instead of the EFILive style "workaround", but I've been holding off my decision for 6 months or so and am getting kind of anxious...
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    Will this be available for the 07+ TrailBlazerSS any time soon? I would much rather have HPTuners and a true SD OS in my truck instead of the EFILive style "workaround", but I've been holding off my decision for 6 months or so and am getting kind of anxious...
    In all honesty I haven't had 1 request for the 07 TBSS come through support so while we will add it in time the operating systems that HAVE been requested thus far will come first.

-Bill

Bill, sorry about posting in this particular thread, I was under the impression that the 07 TBSS had an E38, and I just read that it has an E67. For the time being, I assume I can tune SD for a N/A application using the blucat application?

Jim
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    Bill, sorry about posting in this particular thread, I was under the impression that the 07 TBSS had an E38, and I just read that it has an E67. For the time being, I assume I can tune SD for a N/A application using the blucat application?

Jim
    Correct

Any ETA on the 2.5bar OS for 06 Corvette Z06s? My MAF is a gnat's hair away from being pegged out, and I want to be able to spray over the MAF while still having a full quality N/A tune.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Any ETA on the 2.5bar OS for 06 Corvette Z06s? My MAF is a gnat's hair away from being pegged out, and I want to be able to spray over the MAF while still having a full quality N/A tune.
    These have received the fewest number of requests in total as of now at less then 5% of our total E38 custom operating system requests.

Most of the requests ~95% have been from 07+ so at this point thats what will take priority.

Thats not to say the 06's won't get some love too however we have prioritized the files that have come into us around our customer requests.