Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Nah, trying to avoid KR as it is I dont think hot plugs will help me. I dont get part throttle misfires, just under extreme loading. I bet the spark is getting blown out.
    Prolly gonna have to build an upgrade to use to Ls2-truck coils and their delicious 120mj of secondary power.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Nah, trying to avoid KR as it is I dont think hot plugs will help me. I dont get part throttle misfires, just under extreme loading. I bet the spark is getting blown out.
    Prolly gonna have to build an upgrade to use to Ls2-truck coils and their delicious 120mj of secondary power.
    That'd be sweet. But I'm waiting to see if we will eventually be able alter with the coil dwell periods before I'll consider switching coil modules.

Maybe try R&Ring G103 on the RH side rear of the cyl head. I found a couple of these loose/corroded and causing various ignition issues as it's the ground for the IGN coil primaries.

I've also ordered some of the the necc parts to create a better IGN primary harness using something larger than 20 and 22 AWG wiring which IMO is weak spot! I've located a compatible GT 150 series connector and terminals that should support at least 16 ga wire at least!
    WopOnTour

Advanced Tuner
    I think it will be nessicary anywho. The max dwell for the coils Id like to use is about 5 mS.
    Im not sure what the dwell is on ecotec coils, or really anything about them for that matter.

Advanced Tuner
    My VE tables are either WAAAAY off or the cams are moving in and providing some hellacious overlap. How else can more than 10lbs/min be making it across the motor unused? This is the descrepency between MAF and VE readings when boost goes north of 20 psi. It starts deviating at about 8 psi ramping up to max boost where it has the largest delta.
    The turbo is screamin' it's ass off, likely approaching max shaft speed. Yet it's definitly not smackin down 480hp right now. That IM sure of.

Tuner in Training
    I am getting a max of 4.1 lbs/min variation @ Map 227 KPA.

Advanced Tuner
    I was using the calculator at the bottom of this page
    http://www.megamanual.com/seq/coils.htm
    It's prolly putting the spark out @ factory gap and 280+kpa.
    Also watch the video on them honkin' truck coils. Thats enough current to stop your heart. We'll need a sticker on the valve cover that says "warning lethal voltage/current"

I have some of those babaies in front of me right now. If they pinout the same I'll go sparticus for us on this one.

OK So here is a nice long run with Wester Tune and the 08 spark table. Other mods are the Dejon IC, IC Pipes, Stock Air Box with K&N, Magnaflow 3" CatBack and WasteGate rod about 3 turns from the full forward.

What do you all think?

Hmmm
    How's it feel??
    I really like the boost (255kpa!!) and the KR isnt so bad (but you're usually only at 4,5 degrees so...)
    BUT why is your advance "flooring" to 2-4.5 degrees during light-closed throttle decel? (at very low MAP pressures ~27-28kpa)
    Are you sure you copied the 08 tables over correctly?

Also, do you have a "tuning" wide-band? If so what's IT saying for AFR? (it seems to just "toggle" between EQ 1.0 and 2.0 a lot)
    Is your PE table all set to 1.0 by chance?

Would also be nice to see a WOT 0-100mph "pass"
    WopOnTour
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 05-24-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    holy KR! maybe a shit tank of gas? happens from time to time.
    Its nice to see your running similar timing upp top.

Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour
    Hmmm
    How's it feel??
    It is much smoother then it was before I loaded that one table.

I really like the boost (255kpa!!) and the KR isnt so bad (but you're usually only at 4,5 degrees so...)
    BUT why is your advance "flooring" to 2-4.5 degrees during light-closed throttle decel? (at very low MAP pressures ~27-28kpa)
    Are you sure you copied the 08 tables over correctly?
    AFR Spark Advance Correction - Add was the only table I copied so far. Here is the link to the pictures with the difference. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...42&postcount=1

Also, do you have a "tuning" wide-band? If so what's IT saying for AFR? (it seems to just "toggle" between EQ 1.0 and 2.0 a lot)
    Is your PE table all set to 1.0 by chance?
    No wideband other then the stock one and I wish you could read that with HPTuners .. Picture below is the PE table

Would also be nice to see a WOT 0-100mph "pass"
    WopOnTour
    Yep just trying to find the right place and time to get that one ...

holy KR! maybe a shit tank of gas? happens from time to time.
    Its nice to see your running similar timing upp top.
    Well always Shell V-Power ... most always from the same station. Probably need to back the WasteGate rod more to center but I really like the way it runs now except for the KR of course

Advanced Tuner
    I backed 'er down to 22 psi. It doesnt limpmode as fast. But you still can't hold it WOT for more than 2 gears.
    It also doesn't seem to blow out the spark, and runs a little smoother thru the pull.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if there is a status bit in there someplace indicating stratified mode?

It would be sooooooooooo awesome if in the semi-near future we had a tab under OS that said "4bar sensor upgrade patch" Id pay a credit or two for it.

Advanced Tuner
    Boost timers seem to last about 20-30 sec cumulative or about 10 seconds continuous. Not enough for a 1/4 mile pass.
    From 1st and 2nd Id prolly get thrown out anywho for no bar.

Boost timers seem to last about 20-30 sec cumulative or about 10 seconds continuous. Not enough for a 1/4 mile pass.
    From 1st and 2nd Id prolly get thrown out anywho for no bar.
    Well most places you would get one run in ...

Advanced Tuner
    IT's too pretty a car to put a bar in. But id love to get it into the 11's.

Bump for torque request and boost timers.

Potential Tuner
    Am I crazy to buy HPT for my 2008 Redline auto? It sounds like you guys have faith in the HPT gods, but you have been waiting a long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you are crazy, hold off till they at least open up boost control.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVHO
    Am I crazy to buy HPT for my 2008 Redline auto? It sounds like you guys have faith in the HPT gods, but you have been waiting a long time.
    Yes, a long, long time ...

Advanced Tuner
    Bump-ity Bump!