Thread: LTFT?

Potential Tuner

LTFT?

how do i adjust LTFT's and where are they located at in hptuner?

Tuner

Re: LTFT?

Ok, getting a little skittish on the replies here as I have been close, but wrong a few times before... .but here goes.

LTFTs are neg for rich and pos for lean, and with the default scanner settings you can bring up the histogram window and monitor them, if they are positive, you can go to the Injector Flow Rate table and multiply the whole table by a value smaller than 1 most people use .98 or so, to go in small increments. and it will richen it up just a bit at a time till you get to slightly negative. The reason for going slightly negative is so that when you do go WOT, the VCM won't adjust for lean as well as the other things it does.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Tuner in Training

Just to elaborate on what he said above...if you have your stock MAF, you adjust your injector flow rate table like was stated. If you do have an aftermarket MAF, people say to adjust the MAF table. The MAF tuning method is still under heavy debate though. Adjust your IFR table in SMALL increments then log some to see where you are.

Tuner in Training

my average LTFT's are about 2 points off from eachother, is this normal???

example, bank1 2.9, bank2 4.8 or bank1 .8, bank2 2.0

is there any way to correct for this?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6_GreeN
    Just to elaborate on what he said above...if you have your stock MAF, you adjust your injector flow rate table like was stated. If you do have an aftermarket MAF, people say to adjust the MAF table. The MAF tuning method is still under heavy debate though. Adjust your IFR table in SMALL increments then log some to see where you are.

My experience has been this:

Adjust the IFRs only does not get all of my FTCs negative - (between 6-14) no matter what I do. I am running a turbo with stock MAF (in boost side as per manufacturers instructions), however.

To get a stable cruise and to move all LTFTs into the negative, I tried to adjust the MAF table (scaling it past 100% in a 1:1 ratio with the amount I want to move the LTFTs rich). It worked, but after adjusting the 1514 table, it was still getting some positives. I rolled back from the MAF table scale and am going to adjust just the FTCs that are positive (with a small scaling tweak to get more -2 to -8 centric).

I have to say, scaling the MAF table was the most effective tuning step I did in terms of power, drive, and logging...

Quote Originally Posted by SSBerserker

My experience has been this:

Adjust the IFRs only does not get all of my FTCs negative - (between 6-14) no matter what I do. I am running a turbo with stock MAF (in boost side as per manufacturers instructions), however.

To get a stable cruise and to move all LTFTs into the negative, I tried to adjust the MAF table (scaling it past 100% in a 1:1 ratio with the amount I want to move the LTFTs rich). It worked, but after adjusting the 1514 table, it was still getting some positives. I rolled back from the MAF table scale and am going to adjust just the FTCs that are positive (with a small scaling tweak to get more -2 to -8 centric).

I have to say, scaling the MAF table was the most effective tuning step I did in terms of power, drive, and logging...
    What do you mean you scaled it by 100%. Did you multiply the entire table by 1.00?
    " '01 SS "

I said scaled past 100%

Here's what I meant:

For each single percent over 100 (so multiple the table by 1.01) my LTFTs moved 1% more negative. For each single percent under 100 (i.e. table x .99) my LTFTs move 1% more positive.

This is on an LQ9 (Silverado SS) with a turbo and large gm injectors

Tuner in Training

that sounds opposite to me....

my LTFT's started out at about +8 or so... my final multiplier value was 91% of what the stock 3.18 value was, so 3.18 X 0.91

that got my LTFT's to be at zero for crusing and -1 to -2 for WOT or acceleration.

Advanced Tuner

383, did you say that backwards? If your LTFT's are negative while cruising, when you go to WOT it should zero out.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by 383 ss
    that sounds opposite to me....

my LTFT's started out at about +8 or so... my final multiplier value was 91% of what the stock 3.18 value was, so 3.18 X 0.91

that got my LTFT's to be at zero for crusing and -1 to -2 for WOT or acceleration.
    I am talking about scaling the MAF table here, not the IFR Table. 3.18 is the stock IFR value.

In the IFR table scaling by 1.00+ moves the LTFTs positive while scaling by 1.00- moves the LTFTs negative and is a general move (i.e. some cells may not follow the trend).

In the MAF table the behavior is opposite (MAF table is looking at air, IFR is looking at fuel) is a global move.