Thread: rough ride after tuning and cam install

Tuner in Training

rough ride after tuning and cam install

i have tuned the car so it idles well, and adjusted the ltfts to be negative and close to 0 at WOT but now in the 1000-2000 rpm range. the cam is a 231/237 and the car wants to jerk front to back a little bit and i thought i read something where if you adjust a certain table it will clear that up but i can't remember where i saw it so if anyone knows that would be apprieciated along with details on how to do it. thanks

Garrett
    01z28 camaro&&slp lid, cold air intake, smooth bellows,slp maf, k&N filter, p&p tb, jet hot LT, 3in Y magnaflow muffler, 231/237 lunati cam w/ package.

Tuner in Training

Re: rough ride after tuning and cam install

c'mon i know that with a big cam this is evident in a lot of cars
    01z28 camaro&&slp lid, cold air intake, smooth bellows,slp maf, k&N filter, p&p tb, jet hot LT, 3in Y magnaflow muffler, 231/237 lunati cam w/ package.

Tuner in Training

Keep in mind that a big cam will always be choppy below say 2k RPM. Gears might help you out there. The cam will have almost no efficientcy at low RPM so this is where you can help the cam by changing the VE tables. That is one of the best places to touch up any car. Also, with that cam, you might have to change some of the map properties on where it allows it to through a code or not. Are you getting any ASR lights? Or TCS lights?

Rick

Tuner in Training

By the way, Ltrims go to zero automaticly when you go WOT. You dont realy need to tune those. Thats when you watch O2 Voltage and a few other things.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    By the way, Ltrims go to zero automaticly when you go WOT. You dont realy need to tune those. Thats when you watch O2 Voltage and a few other things.

Rick

This is a misstatement. LTFTs don't go to zero at WOT, the value of 0 is used if the LTFTs are negative at part throttle. If the LTFTs are not all negative, the postive value is used at the start.