Thread: Somebody (non tunershop) with HPT in Twin Cities area??

Tuner

Question Somebody (non tunershop) with HPT in Twin Cities area??

Hey I'd like to meet up w/ somebody in the twin cities area that has HPT so I can do a scan on my new Aura (e67 ECM) and see what's tunable, what's not, etc.

Anybody willing to offer up time & their laptop? Obviously it'd just be an "on site" kinda thing, I wouldn't be takin' yer stuff

Thanks!
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The least amount of editable tables/parameters I think I've seen in an E67 pcm is 398 so I'd assume its somewhere in that area not including dtc's & such hope this helps.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    The least amount of editable tables/parameters I think I've seen in an E67 pcm is 398 so I'd assume its somewhere in that area not including dtc's & such hope this helps.
    not bad info. i guess what i'd really like to know is what, if anything, i can do w/ the tapshift parameters (if there are such things) on the ECM/TCM. speed up the shifting commands? make 'em tighter? etc.

Can i D/L the HPT VCM Suite to look at others' log files w/o having a license or buying anything?
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    Hey I'd like to meet up w/ somebody in the twin cities area that has HPT so I can do a scan on my new Aura (e67 ECM) and see what's tunable, what's not, etc.

Anybody willing to offer up time & their laptop? Obviously it'd just be an "on site" kinda thing, I wouldn't be takin' yer stuff

Thanks!

I am about an hour north of the twin cities.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    I am about an hour north of the twin cities.
    cool deal man. Correct me if i'm wrong but anybody w/ HPT can scan any car HPT supports, yes?
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    cool deal man. Correct me if i'm wrong but anybody w/ HPT can scan any car HPT supports, yes?
    Correct, he should be able to read out your file, scan your vehicle, etc. BUT with your car not being the most popular in our lineup he will likely need to send your file to support to have added to our database before you can view the parameters...not saying 100% that will happen but it is very likely GM used a different cal for that vehicle we have yet to see. Usually takes a few days for us to compile a new beta if that is truely the case.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Maybe we can hook up sometime. This weekend I am going to be gone, but we will have to meet up & then we can get them working for you. Hptuners is awesome.
    Last edited by CRASHNBURN; 12-16-2007 at 12:48 AM.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Correct, he should be able to read out your file, scan your vehicle, etc. BUT with your car not being the most popular in our lineup he will likely need to send your file to support to have added to our database before you can view the parameters...not saying 100% that will happen but it is very likely GM used a different cal for that vehicle we have yet to see. Usually takes a few days for us to compile a new beta if that is truely the case.

-Bill
    understood. is there a standalone app i can d/l for free to view tunes / cals from HPT? so he could save the file off and i could take it home and have a look at it?
    Maybe we can hook up sometime. Do you ever get over towards the North Branch area? This weekend I am going to be gone, but we will have to meet up & then we can get them working for you. Hptuners is awesome.
    i'm relatively new to the twin cities area (1.5yr) and don't travel much outside the SW 'burbs. however I like to drive so it's no thang for me at all. i'll get in touch w/ you after the holidays providing old man winter doesn't set up a death trap
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

understood. is there a standalone app i can d/l for free to view tunes / cals from HPT? so he could save the file off and i could take it home and have a look at it?

i'm relatively new to the twin cities area (1.5yr) and don't travel much outside the SW 'burbs. however I like to drive so it's no thang for me at all. i'll get in touch w/ you after the holidays providing old man winter doesn't set up a death trap

There is not a viewable free program out there for it. If you go to their help & demo sections, it will show you some of the features of the program. That what I looked at. The demos really make it easy to use. It is a very sweet program. Cool Pm me.

Tuner
    There is not a viewable free program out there for it. If you go to their help & demo sections, it will show you some of the features of the program. That what I looked at. The demos really make it easy to use. It is a very sweet program. Cool Pm me.
    how the program works and how you use it isn't really what i'm concerned about. I'd more or less like to see what i'm going to be able to do w/ my car (in the way of params and stuff) before i invest the money in the program. if i can't do what i'd really like to, then it doesn't make sense for me to buy it.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

"how the program works and how you use it isn't really what i'm concerned about"

Nice comment. Good luck with it then. I was just trying to be a nice guy to you & point you in the right direction for now.

Tuner
    "how the program works and how you use it isn't really what i'm concerned about"

Nice comment. Good luck with it then. I was just trying to be a nice guy to you & point you in the right direction for now.
    yup i know & appreciate that. just saying that i more or less want to see what i'll be able to do w/ my car, not so much how to do it i've seen the software before and know a ton of people that use it, but none are local so if i need help later on i definitely won't have a problem getting it. just wanna make sure i'll be able to do what i want to do w/ it before I throw down the cash

the reason i asked about such a "version" of software for HPT is because EFILive (my other option) has exactly this kind of setup for theirs.

anyway, i'll be in touch w/ you in the coming months/weeks and we can set up a time to get the aura scanned if that's cool w/ you.
    Last edited by bc3tech; 12-16-2007 at 09:17 AM.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

pm sent

Advanced Tuner
    not bad info. i guess what i'd really like to know is what, if anything, i can do w/ the tapshift parameters (if there are such things) on the ECM/TCM. speed up the shifting commands? make 'em tighter? etc.
    I haven't checked an hpt file for your specific vehicle, however based on my experiences with other GM vehicles w/tapshift... when you put the gear selector into manual mode, it doesn't matter to the PCM

There are normal and performance tables (speaking specifically about an 04 GTP w/tapshift), however when you switch to manual mode, the PCM still uses the same tables.

I know in previous years, there was an unused pin on the PCM that if you grounded it would force the PCM to use the performance shift tables, so you could have different line pressures, shift points, etc.... so you may want to investigate that (unfortuanetly for my particular model GM didn't leave this option open)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horist
    ...I know in previous years, there was an unused pin on the PCM that if you grounded it would force the PCM to use the performance shift tables, so you could have different line pressures, shift points, etc.... so you may want to investigate that (unfortuanetly for my particular model GM didn't leave this option open)
    could you point me toward some more information regarding this?
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ