Thread: 2001 Pontiac GA requests

2001 Pontiac GA requests

Here's a few additions I would find helpful, mostly based on the 3800 guys requests and my failed emissions Note that my car is cammed.

Based on some of the comments in a few other threads about VE tuning, I'd like to see a couple of extra tables to help with it, or to avoid needing it

1. Selector for controlling the main airflow logic
    (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...77&postcount=6)

2. MAF Low Frequency Threshold (low value in which MAF is disabled; useful to do VE Tune, so you don't have to unplug the MAF)
    (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...71&postcount=4)

3. Not sure if there is something like this available in the PCM or not, but I would appreciate something to adjust afr at idle (based on my failed emissions test).

Thanks alot!

-xon
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2. MAF Low Frequency Threshold (low value in which MAF is disabled; useful to do VE Tune, so you don't have to unplug the MAF)
    (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...71&postcount=4)
    We add it on a case by case basis currently, if you feel you must have the parameter added shoot support an email with the file you need it added for as well as your serial # & we'll add it. Many calibrations already have the parameter.

3. Not sure if there is something like this available in the PCM or not, but I would appreciate something to adjust afr at idle (based on my failed emissions test).
    O2 sensors will try to keep you at stoich no matter what you do to the vehicle so unless your trying to run an open loop tune(and even then you probably won't be able to command any leaner than stoich) there really isn't much else from what I could tell.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    We add it on a case by case basis currently, if you feel you must have the parameter added shoot support an email with the file you need it added for as well as your serial # & we'll add it. Many calibrations already have the parameter.
    Thanks Bill... I will send it later tonight!

O2 sensors will try to keep you at stoich no matter what you do to the vehicle so unless your trying to run an open loop tune(and even then you probably won't be able to command any leaner than stoich) there really isn't much else from what I could tell.
    Stoich would be great!!.... I may have other problems though, but the o2 is new.

How do you suggest to go OL during idle only? I want to continue with AE&DE for cruising so I don't want to go full OL. My understanding is AE & DE will be disabled if I go full OL.

Thanks Bill!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email returned, you already have the parameter available in your calibration.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

you already have the parameter available in your calibration.
    LOL... my mistake...

Thanks,
    -xon
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1