Thread: Wanna get a good laugh

Tuner in Training

Wanna get a good laugh

Attached is a tune I uploaded from a customers car that was tuned by another so called tuner in my area. The car has very basic mods, GM Hot Cam, FAST 78 intake and Fast 78mm TB, SLP CAI and SLP headers with a Magnaflow cat back. One would think pretty basic, especially the small camshaft. My customer was charged $650+ for this tune, that didn't idle properly, most of the time it surged and idled at 1800 RPM! It suposidly ran good at WOT, but bucked at steady cruise speeds. Which speaking of WOT look at the PE EQ table and look at the PE enrichment rate! The engine probably idles goofy because of the hbig numbers he put into the idle airflow tables. Also note that this goober sold him a modified SD OS which of course he didn't even use. I dumped it and reflashed it with a stock cal, and it ran better with a bone stock cal!

What really p****d me off was that I would have had to use 2 credits to overwrite that POS calibration in the customers PCM. So swapped the PCM with a spare that I had. Later I will desoldered the memory chip and overwrite it that way with a stock cal, just to save the guy some $$$

This guy is a amature at best, but the one good thing is that as long as he stays in business I will be too because every time he screws up I get a new customer, this one makes number 4 in the last 4 months!

yeah it is pretty pathetic what some places charge and the lack of work. Most cars I retune from some shops only have timing tables changed (which seems to be generic as I see them on several cars from the same shop) and then they change the PE, that is it for bolt on tunes. If they can get $600 for that, I should be able to charge $1200 for my tunes where I actually make changes to the car that are meaningful
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I am finding out that some have the pe enrichment table to 4.00
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

One of my retard friends saw how 'cool' HPT was when I got mine about 1.5 yrs ago. He decided to do the same and get into tuning. However he doesnt read up on anything and doesnt even ask me any questions about whats what. Next thing i know he's telling all his buddies he can tune stuff, and charges oodles for crap he doesn't even know anything about and types in random data. People like that piss me off. You pay all that money for a tuning setup but you dont care to read? I mean sure I know its a steep learning curve, but come on! No pain no gain, that what I say.

I noticed that tune has the shift time zeroed out and the shift pressure set at 90 for anything over 100 ft.lb The costumer could feel that and though he got something!

Brian

uh...I zero out my shift time?

...But I see where you're going with it. The customer would be like 'Damn, Nice shifts! You did some good work!'

pssh.

Quote Originally Posted by colamotas
    I am finding out that some have the pe enrichment table to 4.00
    If you're talking about PE Enrichment rate then thats fine.

yea, I thought that it would make a difference in the rate in wich commanded afr would come in during wot, but apparntly anything over 1.00 dosnt matter!
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

look at the VE table :S looks like the remains of a hurricane!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram