Thread: prob with 2bar tune and lean cruise

Tuner in Training

prob with 2bar tune and lean cruise

got my turbo ute running pretty good now in 2 bar, last prob i have is now that i have activated lean cruise. on the freeway, it goes in to lean cruise no worries, mash the throttle and it goes into BE at 11.5, get out of the throttle and it falls into PE at 12.8 and stays there, no matter where the throttle is. the only way it will go back to lean cruise or 14.63 is to quickly open and close the throttle. doesnt do this when lean cruise is not activated. any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post the tune and a log of when the car is doing this ?

Yeah, without a tune and log this thread is pointless. We need this stuff when questions are asked.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to wake up an old thread but has this problem been resolved?

I currently run a 2bar SD tune in my Holden Commodore and have enabled Lean cruise and have noticed the same thing as listed in the first post.
    After entering boost enrichment then lift off the throttle for cruising, the PCM commanded AFR goes to 12.8 but then follows airflow / TPS up and down and stays that way until the car is below the Lean Cruise enable speed then returns to 14.65.

What gives?

Tuner in Training
    Okay, for other's information (found this out from Bill), the 2 bar SD OS for
    an LS1 operates in such a way that "lean Cruise" and "Boost Enrichment" when operated together create a problem with commanded AFR. If "lean cruise" is active and the "boost enrichment" table is used the commanded AFR stays low (around 12.8:1) at light throttle until the vehicle speed falls below the lean cruise speed threshold.

According to Bill thet is no fix for this so you need to either 1) not use the "Boost Enrichment" table and tune the required "on boost" AFR's using the VE table if you want to use lean cruise or 2) don't use "lean cruise" at all.