Thread: same vehicle, new ECU - credits?

Advanced Tuner

same vehicle, new ECU - credits?

Well,

Put a new ECU in my 08 Z06, same VIN same everything, and wasnt able to flash the car without purchasing credits, I thought since the file is liscenced and the VIN is it should work, can someone point me in the right direction?

my previous ECU was damaged and I have about $400 dollars worth of credits in that thing if im not mistaken, file liscence, pcm, 2.5bar sd, and not to mention the fact that the beta version (wont blame it, its a beta version) but it kept on asking for more credits the more we gave it the more it asked, until we figured out we needed to do a "write entire" thats when it stopped.

any ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/index.h...activation.htm

Take caution when:

• If you purchase a spare VCM for your vehicle and wish to write your file into it,
      you will still need to license the spare VCM when you try to write it.
      If the spare VCM is of the same year/model type as a year/model or vehicle group license which you already have, you will not be prompted to license the VCM as you will already have licensed support for that VCM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    my problem is, the VCM is of the same year model as mentioned but will NOT liscence no matter what.

Kind of dissapointing to say the least, I dont know if i want to spend another $400 just to try if the ECM i got works and will solve my problem.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If our software asked for more credits than it should contact support.

Advanced Tuner
    it, or we should have contacted support? the cable isnt mine, its of a friend of mine who im assuming knows more than me, and he said they're gone with the wind, once those credits are gone there is NOTHING you can do to get them back, not even contact support, but that was at least 5 months ago, im not worrying about that anymore ^^

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    blah, I meant to say you should contact support, slip of the old typing fingers