Thread: Simple code reader

Advanced Tuner

Simple code reader

My truck (97 C2500) is not supported and through a code, so I had to pick up a generic hand held code reader. It would be nice if I could use HPT to do simple read and clear codes on most OBD2 cars and trucks like the handhelds do. Scanning generic parameters like the handhelds do would be amazing as well, but code reading and clearing would be sufficient. I would much rather pay HPT a couple hundred dollars then to have a handheld with small screen and hundreds of menus (because of the small screen).

I bought this:
    http://www.iequus.com/product_info.p...gory_id=1_10_7

If HPT could do this I would easily pay $400(maybe more) for those abilities:
    http://www.iequus.com/product_info.p...gory_id=1_10_7

I think there is a market for this. And since you guys already have such a nice looking scanner interface.....
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Whats the error message you get with HPT when you try to connect to the vehicle with VCM Scanner?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Whats the error message you get with HPT when you try to connect to the vehicle with VCM Scanner?
    Something along the lines of "Unable find VCM".
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Tuner
    Same here. At one time I got the impression the scanner would read codes on any OBD2 car, but when I tried it on my '05 Aveo it also said Unable To Find VCM.